DCU Book Club Week 39: INJUSTICE 2 (2017-) Issues 1-10

Greetings and welcome to DCUBC…It’s time for a little INJUSTICE!!!

A special thanks to community member @FlashPoint0909 for reaching out to me with the idea to read Injustice during E3!

:books:WHAT TO READ :books:
INJUSTICE 2 (2017-) Issues 1-10

Our spoiler discussion begins now and ends at the end of the day on Sunday, June 16th. So jump right in and share your thoughts!

:eight_spoked_asterisk: DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:

1. When did you first play Injustice or read an Injustice comic?

2. Who was your favorite character in issues 1-10?

3. What were the most memorable moments to you?

Feel free to share your thoughts and reactions as you read the story.

Want to catch up on our previous DCU Book Club discussions? The DCUBC Archive can be found here: https://discord.gg/kfSNQP6

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me, JLWWSM, on Discord or via email: JLonDCU@gmail.com.

4 Likes

How accessible is 2 if you never read 1?

Hi! You do not have to read Injustice 1 to understand Injustice 2.

Woo hoo. I’ll start my reading assignment early this time!

1 Like

I LOVE Injustice 2! Cannot wait to
Reread these issues! Such a bonkers book.

2 Likes

Swell!

Answers to the Questions:

1. First time I played Injustice was the mobile version. It was fun, but I got tired of it and eventually stopped playing it. Same for Injustice 2.

First time I read Injustice was when Injustice: Gods Among Us began to come out in print single issues. I read the series up to the end of Year Three.

I haven’t read anything from Injustice 2, but I already know the best thing about it is that badass cover art by Jim Lee.

I’ll answer questions dos and tres after I’ve read zee books =)

3 Likes

Man, the pressure. Okay in

1 Like
  1. I first played Injustice on the PS3. I used to work at a mom and pop game store and I ordered the version with the statue. I was bummed cause I had to wait a few extra days while I was selling the regular versions to customers.

2. I think my favorite character has been Harley so far. She doesn’t want to side with Ra’s but is kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.

3. The mysterious new Batman who beat Bruce pretty bad, the same new Batman who just killed Waller and Flagg along with some of the Suicide Squad. I’m interested in the daughter of the Bat and man when Ted dies and Booster explains that he’s tried. That was pretty gut wrenching.

These books have been on my read list for a while now and I’m going to end up reading the entire run now.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to jump back into on of my favorite comic book series.

2 Likes

I’m a few issues in, but I love the Suicide Squad that’s been assembled. Cool team (Orca!).

1 Like

@Don-El
Glad to hear it! I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

@MattMcDonald
Bonkers is the best word! Everything I thought I knew about DC got turned upside-down in this book.

@Vroom
Jim Lee fans unite!

1 Like

@msgtv
I hope you enjoy this one! I think it’s quite a ride.

@JL Jim Lee 4EVAH!!! \m/

2 Likes

@hotstufflouieb
I’m sorry you had to wait a few days to play it, but I really enjoyed reading your story! Thanks for sharing with us =)

This series has so many amazing moments that I’m really curious to see if everyone’s answer to question 3 will be similar, or varied. Thanks for kicking us off on question 3!

Side Note: Ted and Booster’s scene was the most memorable for me, it was very emotional.

1 Like

@sexygeek15.14191

Glad to hear it’s one of your favorites and I’m looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

I’ll go ahead and tackle the first question:

I remember pre ordering Injustice 1 from Amazon and being so giddy waiting for the mailman. I have so many fond memories from that game.

I didn’t read the comic until much later, because I assumed it would be terrible. I was so wrong. It’s amazing. I think I might like 2 even better though?? It’s been a while. Ready to jump back in!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to read!!!

1 Like

I love this comic. I bought it as it released and it is so much fun. Tom Taylor is a treasure and he needs to write even more stuff. He knows how to do funny and sad with the best of them and this comic is no different. I loved his Injustice, X-Men: Red, and Earth 2 stuff, and this is no different. Highly suggest this entire series and anything else he’s written.

2 Likes