DCU Book Club Week 28: THE MULTIVERSITY (2014): THUNDERWORLD ADVENTURES #1, GUIDEBOOK #1, and MASTERMEN #1

Greetings!

This week at DCUBC we continue our trek through The Multiversity, and this week is extra special. The first book on the docket stars your favorite kid turned superhero (then kid again) Shazam! With his upcoming film (in theaters April 5!) what better way to get prepared than to read Thunderworld Adventures (and hopefully the rest of The Multiversity) with us!

WHAT TO READ:

Thunderworld Adventures #1

The Multiversity: Guidebook #1

Mastermen #1

Spoiler discussion begins NOW and lasts until Sunday! So make sure you drop by throughout the week so you don’t miss out on any discussion!

Please refrain from spoiling any future issues in this series in the below discussion.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: We’ve met so many characters during our journey. Which one has had the biggest impact on you?

If you want to talk about all things DC and other fun stuff DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Want to catch up on our previous discussions? The DCUBC Archive can be found here: https://discord.gg/kfSNQP6

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

COMING UP NEXT WEEK: Our Journey through The Multiversity comes to an end as we read
Ultra Comics #1 and The Multiversity #2!

SHAZAM!

9 Likes

Yaaaaa Hooooo!!;

2 Likes

I’ll kick off the discussion with Guidebook #1. There’s so many fun worlds to read and look at. From the gender bent world to the captain marvel world trying to map out the multiverse was a lot. The number of gaps though frustrated me alot

4 Likes

Super excited to re read thunderworld again with everyone!

4 Likes

Just saw you guys on DC Daily and have never explored the community before. Nice to see it is active and that there’s a book club.

5 Likes

:tada: That’s so cool!

I :heart: Book club and DCU.

I look forward to reading these issues.

1 Like

Can’t wait to revisit Mastermen! Easily my favorote part of The Multiversity epic.

1 Like

Welcome to the family, @carlandjaysen. We are very active and we hope you enjoyed our fan takeover of DC Daily.

1 Like

@matt sent you something on discord to look at!

Loved the fan take over episode, and I want to be down with book club also so here I am! :slight_smile: Multiversity I’m looking forward to, it sounds reminiscent of Who’s Who?. Anyone here ever get a chance to read those?

1 Like

Welcome @Shawn_Shambley! Glad to have you. I have not yet read Who’s Who?

1 Like

@Shawn_Shambley I’ve read a variety of the Who’s Who books. They’re neat and fun (and fun and neat) yearly enclycopedias in comic book form.

I don’t think I own any Who’s Who books anymore but they were always interesting reads.

Congrats on you and JL getting into DC Daily!!! It was super cool to see you guys practically advertise the book club! It looked so fun to be there!

4 Likes

@FlashPoint0909

Thanks! It was a blast, I had a great time!

4 Likes

@Shawn

HI HELLO!

Glad to hear our message was received! Thanks for dropping in!

1 Like

@Flashpoint

It was quite the experience that’s for sure! The whole day was a blast.

2 Likes

@Carlandjaysen

That’s so awesome! Glad you’re hear.

@Nathan.Payson

Just got back to you, sorry for the late response!

1 Like

So I read Thunderworld Adventures on the plane yesterday and I loved it. About a month ago my friend asked for recommend Shazam reading and I told him Thunderworld. It’s just a perfect constriction of the character, IMO.

My favorite part of the book was the juxtaposition to the murderous Sivana. It really shows the different shades of the DCU.

But what did YOU think of Thunderworld Adventures?!

Favorite moment?

And does it make you more excited for the Shazam film?!

(Also please don’t spoil the Shazam movie. There have been a lot of early screenings, but it’s still not out! So please please please no spoilers)

2 Likes

Is there a reason that we’re reading them out of the order they we’re released? I know this doesn’t have to do with the comics we’re reading this week (loving them btw), but I’ve been curious.

@Flashpoint0909

This is the release order and the order in which they are collected. Glad you’re enjoying it!