DCU Book Club Week 20: STARMAN (1994) Issues 0-5

@Astrowolfboy

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing what you think

2 Likes

@Don-El

What’s Doom Patrol? Never heard of it;)

2 Likes

After all the new additions, I literally don’t care any more SO MANY GOOD OPTIONS!

3 Likes

Yeah, after the big additions, I’m a little lost for suggestions. First thing that comes to mind is Gotham Central, it’s probably the more unique additions to the app, because it is more tangentially about superheroes.

As for Starman – I remember trying this at the library a while back and wasn’t able to get into it. I’ll definitely try again.

2 Likes

Starman is my absolute favorite comic series. It took me a couple tries to get into it, but it’s one of the best series ever written. Read it!!!

2 Likes

I’ve never read Starman, but it’s been on my TBR list for ages. I’m gonna have a super busy week, but I’m gonna try my best to read these.

1 Like

@jackknight

Good to hear! Looking forward to starting it tonight!

1 Like

@jackknight

Good to hear! Looking forward to starting it tonight!

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay

I’ve been meaning to check out Gotham Central for a while now. Looks really good.

2 Likes

@laffingllamas

No worries if you can’t!

2 Likes

@Nathan.Payson

Picking books is either going to be way easier or way harder.

2 Likes

@MattMcDonald

I’m SO glad you picked this series. I’m not sure I would ever have read it otherwise, and I am absolutely loving it!

4 Likes

@Laffingllamas

That is AWESOME! Glad to hear it!

2 Likes

Congrats on the 20 weeks, and here’s to many more! As for suggestions, Brubaker’s Catwoman would be dope.

4 Likes

I already made a suggestion but could I make more, or in the interest of logistics and keeping things organized, is it better to stay at one?

1 Like

:ear: did some say Catwoman?

jots it down as a note for future reference:wink:

5 Likes

@vroom

Give us all you got!

2 Likes

@longlivetimedrake

Why thank you! Great suggestion!

2 Likes

@MattMcDonald, a few that came to mind are:

-The Authority #'s 1-6
-Hush (when it comes here, which shouldn’t be too long according to the news; Batman v1 #608-619)
-For Tomorrow (Superman v2 #'s 204-215)
-The Darkseid War (New 52 Justice League #'s 40-50)
-The Lies (WW Rebirth one-shot, and #'s 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 from her Rebirth ongoing)
-The Professional (Deathstroke Rebirth one-shot and #'s 1-5 of his Rebirth ongoing)

I’ll post more if and when they come to mind. Thanks Matt!

4 Likes

D’oh! I forgot one. How about 52 for when the Book Club hits it’s 52nd week? I know that’s a ways off certainly, but according to the main DC site, 52 is on its way here. I felt it’d be apropos to celebrate the 52nd week of the club with 52.

4 Likes