DCU Book Club Week 19: YOUNG JUSTICE (1998) Issues 1-7

This will be my first time participating in book club, and I couldn’t be happier that it’s for one of my favorite books.

5 Likes

I’m right there with everyone else. I’ve been reading a lot of heavy comic stories lately, such as the Batwoman Hydrology story, and it’s nice to have something light and funny for a change.

1 Like

@LongLiveTimDrake

My first book club as well, and I’m soooooooo glad we’re reading something fun!!!

2 Likes

The collected edition of these issues, Young Justice: Book 1, features these issues as well as a few others, like JLA: World Without Grownups and few others. Are any of you going to try to read the whole collection or just these seven issues? I’m going to read the whole thing, though I’m not sure I’ll have it all read by tomorrow.

1 Like

So this is cool I’m over in Canada Niagara Falls side for a few days and DC Universe works just fine here on my phone, isn’t that nice?

1 Like

@longlivetimdrake

Woohoo! Glad to have you! And happy to hear you love the book!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@don-El

That does sound nice

1 Like

@laffingllamas

I won’t be! Maybe you can give us a synopsis this weekend!

2 Likes

Sorry I’m late! spoiler discussion has begun!

1 Like

The ending of issue 5 took me by surprise. Crazy shift in tone. What did everyone think of that ending?

2 Likes

Late to the party, but I want to get back in. This is one of the best parts of DCU :slight_smile: excited to see a Peter David series. Going to try and play catchup quick

2 Likes

I still have 3 issues left to read and we’re going camping for the weekend, so I won’t be able to post all my thoughts until Sunday night.

I’m looking forward to reading what you guys thought once I return to the Land of the Wifi.

3 Likes

@hashtag

Sounds like fun. Be safe!

1 Like

@aiwe

Awww shucks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished up. Not a fan of issue 7 at all but overall I really liked it! More thoughts tomorrow! Goodnight folks!

2 Likes

Overall, I loved it. I loved the references that were continually being made. Monty Python, Wizard of Oz, and more. It was great. It was awesome to just read an enjoyable comic book story. Don’t get me wrong, I love the darker storylines, and I don’t want to see those go away or anything, but it was just very pleasant to laugh through a comic book series. I’m about to fall asleep, but I have more to say that I will continue with tomorrow. Goodnight everyone.

2 Likes

@laffingllamas

Glad you liked it! I loved the fun vibe of this book. That’s why the ending of issue 5 was such a big surprise. It really caught me off guard.

1 Like

I’ve been reading it and I dig the super 90’s MTV vibe.

2 Likes

Right @mattMcDonald? I was pleasantly suprised. It’s a bumber I’m so busy on Weekends right now. I always miss the talk. I get the reading done and then don’t have time for the best part…

1 Like

@MattMcDonald I’m loving young justice

1 Like