DCU Book Club Week 16: DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH (2016) Issue 1

Happy New Year!

This week at DCUBC we are taking a look at DC Universe Rebirth. This book shook the DC Universe to the core and I’m super excited to read it with you all!

I’m also incredibly excited to announce next week we are launching DCU Book Club Girl Power! This project is going to be all about the wonderful ladies of the DCU. Whether they are a hero or a villain Girl Power Selections will be all about them!

This project is being lead by @JLWWSM and will be once a month, taking the place of a week of regular book club. I’m so excited to be working with @JLWWSM on this!

So make sure you join us next week as we kick off this awesome new project!

Now where were we?

Discussion kicks off this Friday (January 4) and lasts all weekend! Feel free to leave spoiler free thoughts throughout the week!

If you want to talk about all things DC and other fun stuff DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

What has Wally gotten himself mixed up in this time?

16 Likes

A couple days ago @JLWWSM pitched me this idea and I loved it. Female led stories have been lacking in our club (I’m sorry).

DC has an incredible cast of female characters and I’m looking forward to diving into these books with you all. DCUBC prime will be back in Week 18.

We are still working on a concrete schedule. Right now Girl Power is going to be once a month.

I’ll let everyone know when I’ve got more updates!

Everyone give @JLWWSM a warm welcome to the team!

6 Likes

Excellent news, looking forward to it. I appreciate everyone putting volunteer effort into this club!

Congrats @JLWWSM !!!

2 Likes

Great idea! A good way to share responsibilities in our volunteer community, and add a different flavor

2 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes

My hearty congratulations to JLWWSM! applauds

Cool beans on being a mover and shaker =)

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I’m really looking forward to reading some awesome female protagonist stories with you. And thanks again to @MattMacDonald for your enthusiasm and warm welcome! :blush:

9 Likes

Great selection this week, and not just because it’s shifty enough and things are calming down enough that I can actually do it this week! :joy:

Also, looking forward to the Girl Power series. :blush:

1 Like

Excited for the future! Happy new year!

3 Likes

Bubble

1 Like

Bubble double

1 Like

Bubble

1 Like

Bubble

1 Like

I’m looking forward to reading this. When I read it the first time, I had only read New52 comics, so some of the context of the story was unknown to me. Since then, I’ve had much more exposure to different eras. So I’m wondering if the story will have a different impact on me now.

I’m looking forward to the discussion this weekend.

2 Likes

How do I join the book club? I’m super interested in the Women one!!

6 Likes

@JWZ

Just read along and come back here to discuss! We are open for everyone!

2 Likes

@JL, WW comics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bubble

Can’t wait ! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey, Cousin SONofEL86!