DCU Book Club Week 14: AQUAMAN (2011) Issues 1-4

Greetings!

Aquaman swims into theaters THIS FRIDAY!

OH YEAH!

To celebrate DCUBC is diving into Aquaman (2011) Issues 1-4!

Like always spoiler discussion begins on Friday (12/21) and lasts all weekend. Feel free to leave spoiler free impressions throughout the week. All of this takes place right here, on this post!

If you want to talk about all things DC and other fun stuff DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

Make sure you check out Aquaman in theatres 12/21! See you guys/gals in The Trench!

15 Likes

This run of Aquaman was my favorite series in the New 52. So much fun!

5 Likes

Yes! I saw the movie last Saturday and liked it so much that I read the couple issues of this arc, good stuff!

3 Likes

I adore this arc! Excited to talk about it with everyone

4 Likes

This run was my favorite. I picked up enough random issues of Aquaman as a kid to have an appreciation of him beyond his role in JL but after reading this run I became a full-fledged Aquafan. I look forward to rereading it.

2 Likes

Here we go again, everybody strap in!

2 Likes

Aquaman is an always my favorite Comic book character. The Geoff Johns series did what Peter David in the 90s and shined a light on the powers of the character. Great series. I saw the movie Saturday and it was great.

2 Likes

I literally just reread this series!

3 Likes

Awesome, I just read all of the ‘94 issues & I’m going to see it Saturday. Perfecto Matt :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

Just read the first issue tonight. I was listening to Character Corner podcast on Aquaman today bc I didn’t know a whole lot about him. I love all of the old jokes Johns included that Aquaman shuts down.

2 Likes

Read this again fairly recently, but I’ll definitely read it again for this and anticipation for the movie. :grin:

3 Likes

Aw ye!

2 Likes

A nice run… I can see the influence on Wan’s film.

Care to share more issues? I’d love to keep going.

Not a spoiler, but I was thinking about FOOD a fair bit during the Amazon Prime screening… :wink:

3 Likes

This was my first aquaman arc to read, and I loved it! Arthur ordering fish and chips, showing just how badass he is, and MERA! This arc made me super excited to see Mera on the big screen and more of her in general, she is a true badass.

3 Likes

Question for anyone in the know at DC Universe: when are you planning to add more comics, in particular the rest of Aquaman for instance? Love the app for the books but really could do with a more inclusive collection being added regularly.

4 Likes

Glad to see people are excited! I am too!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m seeing the movie tomorrow, so I pulled Aquaman (2011-) Volume 1 off of my bookshelf and re-read it. I am even more stoked to see the movie now. There were little details that I forgot about in this series. Again, perfect choice @MattMcDonald!

4 Likes

If anyone is itching for more Aquaman to read here, I’d recommend checking out the Peter David run that is fully collected here.

3 Likes

langleymneely

That question you would have to ask the MODS. But they put a lot of Aquaman comics on here. Probably as many as any character has right now. They rotate comics but they won’t ever put every comic ever made on any character. Aquaman has more then most right now tho. If u already knew all that my bad but figured it couldn’t hurt. Create a thread & ask the Mods if u have specific questions they’ll get back with u.

3 Likes

Excellent pick! Can we get some more new 52 comics? I haven’t read alot of them so if you know of any really good runs let me know, also I wish they had more flashpoint stuff and if they do I hope it gets picked

4 Likes