DCU Book Club Week 12: SHAZAM! THE NEW BEGINNING Issues 1-4

Greetings!

In honor of Shazam’s return to comics this week, DCUBC is diving into Shazam! The New Beginning!

Written by Dann and Roy Thomas with art from Tom Mandrake.

Join us as we discover the origin of Earth’s Mightiest Mortal!

Like always spoiler discussion begins on Friday (12/7) and lasts all weekend. Feel free to leave spoiler free impressions throughout the week. All of this takes place right here, on this post!

If you want to talk about all things DC and other fun stuff DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

Shazam! Returns to comics this week with the release of Shazam! #1 available Wednesday (12/5) at your local comic shop!

Shazam!

11 Likes

This will be fun! Thank you!

1 Like

Shazam Sgt Matt, cool choice!!!

1 Like

Very excited about this one!

1 Like

Neat, this is one I’ve been meaning to try out.

3 Likes

Can’ wait to read and discuss!

1 Like

I just recently did the color reconstruction on the 30th Anniversary version of Shazam: The New Beginning and I really enjoyed revisiting the miniseries (as well as the Action Conics Weekly story that’s included). It plays out very much like a movie in my imagination as I read it. Excellent use of the characters surrounding Capt. Marvel.

3 Likes

@jsaer24

That’s awesome! Thanks for dropping by!

2 Likes

@bcbranman

Same. Enjoying it so far.

I’m super excited there is a forum for Shazam! I’ve been wanting to read his early comics so I’m gonna definitely get started on these issues and stop back for discussion! Cant wait for Shazam #1 tomorrow!

3 Likes

@cshield2

Thanks for dropping by! I’m also super excited for Shazam #1 tomorrow.

1 Like

Can’t wait to start this. So ready for the movie.

3 Likes

Excited to learn more about shazam! Thanks for keeping this going and keeping dcubc diverse you day man matt!!

2 Likes

Shazam is my guy. I have his symbol tattooed on my face

1 Like

Can we start a petition to have the Shazam! Saturday morning show added to the video archive? Or the cartoons? I am hoping they add both with the movie coming.

3 Likes

What are y’all talking about??? Y’all didn’t even celebrate Captain Marvel birthday December 1. I’m not buying this garbage. His name Cap Marv.

1 Like

@Steeltanner

I live to serve :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loved this issue. Had me smiling ear to ear multiple times. Can’t wait to read the next few issues.

Loved this issue. Had me smiling ear to ear multiple times. Can’t wait to read the next few issues.

1 Like

Can’t wait to chat with you all about this book!