DCU Book Club-Girl Power! Week 81 BATGIRL: SON OF PENGUIN (2016-) Issues 7-11, March 30 - April 5

So agree with you on the moment with the intern! I felt that in my bones. Guess it paid that I have been an intern and asked to do some menial things. Thank goodness nothing like THAT haha. Great choice of a standout moment.

2 Likes

An entertaining read, nice cast of characters with nice multi instance of drama and conflict simmering in the background of the main Son of Penguin storyline.

I’m also a fan of this version of Batgirl, the uniform is so much more believable than say…Nightwing’s acrobatic tights with no place for weapons…

1. First time reading? Yup

2. What do I like about Batgirl? I guess I would say “which one”? This one is fine (see above); I also liked the New 52 Batgirl. And I’m a big big fan of the other “Batgirl” of the late 1990s, the mute trained assassin that Batman took in and that played a big role as I recall in No Man’s Land- her chaotic / stitched face mask worked perfectly for that version of Gotham.

3. Son of Penguin like his dad? No, I don’t see him really at all like his dad, although he obviously tracked his father’s headlines etc and was driven from afar by the “ghost” of his missing father.

4. Standout moment? I would say honestly it was the first date where they hit it off, that kind of surprised me, but made some sense.

Thanks again for this week’s suggested reading!

3 Likes

Hey there! @Lecouch84

:star: It was fun to see her everyday life.

I agree, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree with those two, unfortunately.

:laughing: Poor Intern!

Thanks for reading and discussing Batgirl :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @Don-El

Totally agree!

I felt bad for his terrible relationship with his dad.

It surprised me too. I completely thought it would go awry.

Thanks for reading along and sharing!

2 Likes