DCU Book Club-Girl Power! Week 40: AMANDA WALLER (2014-) #1

1. Yep!

2. I don’t actually remember. I never read much Suicide Squad when i was younger, but I’m sure she showed up in an issue of Superman or something!

3. Whatever it takes

4. So that’s actually what i liked about this book. Before i read this i would have absolutely classified Amanda as a villain. Now I’m not so sure. I think she is somewhere in between. She has her moments of heroics, her saving that family for example, but it’s undercut by the way she did it. Which involved pointing a gun at a man sitting next to a child. She definitely exists in a grey area.

5. Yeah! For better or worse she gets the job done.

I really enjoyed this book, great pick @JLWWSM!

2 Likes

@MattMcDonald
Hi! I’m glad you enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing a new shade of grey cast on this character. I’m with you, I classified her as 100% villain until I read this.

We will wrap up discussion of Amanda Waller tonight! Feel free to chime in with any thoughts on the reading.

We covered a variety of topics in this week’s discussion of “the Wall”. Thanks to everyone for reading along and sharing your thoughts and perspectives! DCUBC Girl Power! will return next month.

Tomorrow, we welcome our intrepid leader, @MattMcDonald, back to the stage to lead us in week 41 of DCU Book Club!

plays Rocky Theme music for @MattMcDonald

2 Likes