DCU Book Club-Girl Power! Week 105 JESSICA CRUZ, GREEN LANTERNS: FIRST RING, 5-issue collection (2016-), Sep 14-20

I only got to read the first issue of this before the deadline (I’ll finish it after the fact) but I always like a look at Mogo and seeing the many Green Lanterns relaxing. Kilowag and Baz kicking back drinking beers they conjured up from their rings is going to cut into Guy’s bar business!

Loved the Easter Egg mention of Atrocitus in there, though. Nice thing to see for longtime Lantern fans.

Jessica is just as eager to prove herself and impatient as Hal and Guy were when they got their rings and seeing Guy become her instructor - good stuff. I’ll finish reading the series after this week but enjoyed getting started.

2 Likes

I’m glad you were able to read issue 1 and hope you enjoy the story arc! That is a great callout about the Green Lanterns relaxing. It was so fun to step into their world.

:+1:

I agree. And the end with Guy being the instructor was so tantalizing! I laughed and said to myself, ‘this is gonna be good, poor Jessica’ :laughing:.

Thanks for reading along and sharing you reflections on the book!

1 Like