DCU Book Club-Epics: CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS (1985-) Issues 1-12, Nov 17 - Dec 8

COIE%20cover

“Worlds die and heroes fall as the Anti-Monitor seeks to destroy the Multiverse. This blockbuster event changed DC Comics forever!”

Greetings and welcome to DCU Book Club - Epics! DCUBC-Epics hosts the reading and discussion of complete series.

:spiral_calendar: From Sunday, November 17, 2019Sunday, December 8, 2019 , we will read 4 issues per week of :blue_book: Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985-) Issues 1-12 :blue_book: - just in time for the hotly :fire: anticipated CW Crossover event, Crisis on Infinite Earths, which airs on December 8th.

:tickets: HOW TO PARTICIPATE

• Follow the reading and discussion schedule below. Reply your thoughts, reactions, and answers to discussion questions as you read the story.

:traffic_light: Spoilers are welcome, but please refrain from spoiling issues AHEAD of the discussion schedule below - OR - use the Blur Spoiler function if you’re ahead of schedule.

• Have fun discussing the book with the community!

And so, the Crisis :earth_americas: begins…

Sunday, November 17, 2019Saturday, November 23, 2019

:books: READ & DISCUSS ISSUES 1-4

1. Many characters have been added to the story so far. What character are you hoping to see that may not have been mentioned yet (if any)?

2. What is the most memorable moment to you so far?

Sunday, November 24, 2019Saturday, November 30, 2019

:books: READ & DISCUSS ISSUES 1-8

1. What was your reaction to Supergirl or the Flash’s big moments in issues 7 & 8?

2. What do you think of the Anti-Monitor as a villain? Do you think he should be rehabilitated or annihilated? Why or why not?

Sunday, December 1, 2019Sunday, December 8, 2019

:books: READ & DISCUSS ISSUES 1-12

1. What was your favorite moment in issue 12?

2. Is this your first time reading Crisis On Infinite Earths?

• If this is your first time reading it, did it meet your expectations?

• If this is a re-read did your reaction to the book change after a re-read? If so, how so?

1. If you plan to watch the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event, what moments from the comic do you hope to see adapted in the show?

Longer reads don’t fit your schedule? Check out our weekly dcubc tag, which highlights a story arc from a variety of characters every week.

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to send me a direct message.
Click here to learn more about DCUBC

Thanks for dropping by! I hope you join this EPIC adventure. Happy Reading :earth_americas::earth_africa: :earth_asia:

:eyes: Have you read the watchtower announcement or the DCU News?

This discussion is part of the crisis-on-infinite-clubs event! Be sure to check out clubs over the next weeks as the red skies impact us all.

9 Likes

I haven’t read this story arc before. Book club seems like a fun way to check it out before the CWverse crossover.

9 Likes

Hi @Beagle
Excellent! I’m so looking forward to starting this one on Nov. 17th!

I think watching the CW crossover will be much richer after reading this source material. :smiley:

3 Likes

so exciting, would love to participate … thanks for hosting

3 Likes

I’ve read this multiple times, but am looking forward to joining this conversation. I’ve actually gifted copies of the graphic novel to people as presents. It is just a nice overall story.

2 Likes

I had been meaning to reread Crisis leading up to the CW event, so it’ll be cool to read it with the rest of you guys. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking forward to reading this.

2 Likes

Hi! Me too!

We kick this epic-party off in just one week!

2 Likes

Awesome can’t wait to start reading this with all of you

1 Like

I just it for the first time over the summer and all the tie-ins in preparation for the CW crossover. It will be nice to read a more condensed version and fun to discuss right before the crossover!

1 Like

@Noge @Lecouch84 Yay!
I’m counting down the days to kick this off! This will be fun to read with everyone! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Oh, hey, I thought I’d missed the boat on this. I guess I must’ve thought it started in October, not November. I’m definitely on board now. Really love this series.

2 Likes

this is really exciting, only days away

gonna read the comic with the voice of the characters from the shows in my mind … :flash_hv_3:

1 Like

This will be a re-read for me, even though the first time was the original publication. i don’t remember if i read all the tie-ins, which i may or may not indulge in.

1 Like

The Crisis is upon us!!! :earth_americas: :earth_africa: :earth_asia:

:loudspeaker: Spoiler discussion for Issues 1-4 will take place from Sunday, November 17, 2019Saturday, November 23, 2019.

COIE is an epic tale, we will read and discuss 4 issues per week.

Please read the entire first post to learn how this will work.

:alarm_clock: If you read and want to discuss issue 5+ BEFORE Sunday, November 24th, please use the blur spoiler feature to hide spoiler for issues 5+.

Blur%20Spoiler

Screen shots are welcome!

1 Like

I haven’t read it before and wasn’t sure where to start, anyway you’re giving me a great start, I’ll read it soon and let you know what I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

4 Likes

@Jay_Kay I’m so excited, I’m opening the topic doors for this at midnight EST!

1 Like

The first time I read this, I pretty much binged it, and was confused more than I would’ve been if I had slowed down, paid more attention to details and let the story marinate.

This time around, I’m slowing down and paying attention to all the little details.

2 Likes

Yeah, the awesome thing about the Perez art is that there’s so much detail that you can easily just stare blissfully into even just a regular story page and find so many details, let alone the huge double-page spreads.

1 Like