DCU 2020 TV Preview

This year, DCU has a HUGE test. Can it survive and thrive in it’s second year. All signs say maybe from both media and fans alike, but there are some outcomes which would solidify DCU in the coming months. (More on this later). Here is what will be coming to DCU this year!

1. Harley Quinn: The Animated Series Season 1 (and maybe 2). Harley Quinn TAS has been split into 2 different 13 episode seasons. With the first season being both hilarious, graphic, and mature, HQ TAS has all the best things going for it. Also, with a Harley Quinn movie coming out this year (Birds of Prey), this series could not come at a more perfect time.

2. Stargirl. Part of a partnership between CW and DCU and under the eye of the original creator Geoff Johns, Stargirl should be amazing. Our own Applejack early last year said that she’s seen episodes of it and it’s her favorite show year (beating DP, Titans, YJ, HQTAS, and Swamp Thing). This should be amazing!

3. Doom Patrol Season 2. Being a split platform release between DCU and HBO Max, this show will blow everyone’s socks off and thanks to HBO Max become more dominant in the media and have more viewers. Despite all the fears people have, Doom Patrol’s HBO Max Partnership is a positive sign for the series and where DCU could go. (More on this later)

4. Titans Season 3. After two hit or miss seasons with amazing episodes and painful episodes, Titans Season 3 could go many different ways. The series already retconned itself in Season 2. Can it find it’s way again in Season 3?

5. DCYou Unscripted. We have no idea what this show will be yet. We only know it won’t be HubCity’s Show… This is a big question mark which could either be amazing and be a perfect fan series or flop.

6. BizarroTV. I barely know what this show is, but any DC show that leans into bizarre characters in the DC Universe and is also an Anthology has me intrigued to say the least.

MAYBES?

1. Young Justice Season 4. With very little info released about a season 4 and YJ being animated, we have no idea when Season 4 will release. We just know it will happen eventually.

2. Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, and Superhero High are all HBO Max exclusives. I wouldn’t put it past WB though to put all the DC content on DCU as well in order to keep fans paying for DC Universe. After all how can DC Universe be “The Ultimate Fan Experience” without the HBO Max shows. This is sorta wishful thinking more than a maybe, but I want you guys to sit with it.

So Which show are you most excited for?

• Harley Quinn
  • Stargirl
  • Doom Patrol Season 2
  • Titans Season 3
  • DCYou Unscripted
  • BizarroTV

0 voters

Do you think Young Justice Season 4 will be this year?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Will HBO Max shows be on DC Universe?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters