DC's best Jaw Dropping Moments

Alright guys, what is your favorite moment in DC history that was either the answer to a huge question, or some event that just made your jaw hit the floor? This can be from comic books, tv series, or movies!

1 Like

May seem obvious, but:

“I feel like I live in a a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can’t you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am.”

-Superman, Justice League Unlimited

2 Likes

Pick any page completely at random from Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Alright, serious answer: the first page of The New Gods #1. “THERE CAME A TIME WHEN THE OLD GODS DIED! The brave died with the cunning! The noble perished, locked in battle with unleashed evil! It was the LAST day for them! An ancient era was PASSING in FIERY holocaust!”

My runner-up would probably be either Supergirl’s final battle against the Anti-Monitor from CoIE or Earth-2 Superman’s fight with the same at the end. Maybe the Spectre’s fight with the Anti-Monitor at the beginning of time. Or Barry Allen’s death. Or the big war between all of the heroes and all of the villains across five different Earths. Or Psycho-Pirate’s speech at the end. Alright, maybe the “any random page” bit was serious.

1 Like

Jason Todd coming back in Hush

4 Likes

Very interesting question, @MJ2335!

!ekil a daerht siht tnarg I

I suppose this thread comes with an implied spoiler warning, so I’ll just jump right in.

As much as I want to give it to Zatanna losing control in Justice League Dark, her being awesome just isn’t that unexpected. So, my vote will have to go to learning that Artemis was still alive in Young Justice. I couldn’t believe that she was gone and seeing the conspiracy unfold was one of the best moments on the show. I may or may not have cheered.

1 Like

When they actually killed Barry Allen in COIE. It was a literal, out loud WTF moment.

2 Likes

For me it was that one page of 52 #1 where we see The Question peel off the Batsignal, and paint on a backwards question mark. Iconic as hell.

2 Likes

Great answers! I love the aspect of unexpected curveballs… of all of the answers so far I would probably have to go with Artemis still being alive was the biggest shocker for me. But since it was most recent I may be biased haha.

Black Adam starting World War Three.

2 Likes

Going off that, Sobek biting through Osiris in 52. What a punch to the gut.

Also, in Tynion’s Detective Comics, poor, heartbroken Cass tearing the Bat symbol off Kate’s chest.

And later, in that very same run, Cass seeing an alternate version of herself where SHE’S allowed to wear it.

(Somebody give my poor girl a bat symbol)

2 Likes