DC's Best Horror Comics

ssdfdsf

Howdy Everyone! It’s your friendly neighborhood Omni here for a not so friendly topic. Well… everyone should be friendly, but… like… it’s gonna be a SpOoKy topic. As I’ve grown older, my favorite genre of film has easily become horror. Oddly, I find the way horror is often over the top and insane kind of comedic. However, despite my love for horror films, I haven’t really dipped my toes into horror comic books. So I’ve been trying my best to go around and find some interesting stories. I’ve recently started Preacher (boy am I loving that) and I also binged through the Image series Nailbiter (probably one of my favorite series of all time to be honest).

With that said, I figured I’d start a thread for my fellow horror fans to talk about our favorite DC horror comics. Feel free to drop in and leave some recommendations for me and anyone else who’s interested. And definitely have discussions on why you like or don’t like certain series. I’m super excited to see what you guys like and to hopefully share anything good I find along the way.

NOW!!! FOR ANYONE WHO DARES TO CONTINUE READING INTO THE DEPTHS OF THIS THREAD… BEWARE! YOU’RE IN FOR A SCARE!!! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Its not technically a horror comic, but these guys really creeped me out. Im terrified of cults, especially ones who are dangerous like this one. Plus if I saw these masks in real life, I would be running the other way.

5 Likes

The court definitely gave me horror vibes. Even if we can’t call it outright horror, the cult stuff is at least horror adjacent. Probably one of my favorite modern Batman runs.

4 Likes

Red Rain for the art alone. Glorious.

Story’s also good and it’s referenced in a bunch of other stuff. (for example)

I will also throw out that half of Batman and elseworlds could be considered horror.

4 Likes

I love this topic and your intro to the topic @OmniLad! Excellent picks @TheDarkKnieves and @TheBatgirlofNML!

Here are 3 more amazing titles (linked to the books to read here on DCU):

Night Force (which I am currently reading) - an under appreciated horror gem

Batman: The Cult - it’s self-explanatory

Batman: Black Mirror - a story where Jim Gordon’s son basically becomes Michael Meyers

4 Likes

Oh my god!!! How could I forget about Black Mirror. Definitely one of my favorite Batman arcs. I’ll have to make sure I read Cults after your recommendation though. And I’m glad you liked my introduction haha.

3 Likes

:grinning: :+1: Definitely check out The Cult @OmniLad! When you’re finished reading, you can join us in this thread! Here’s my spoiler-free review.

2 Likes