DC's 2022 Eisner Award Nominations & Winners

Thanks!

1 Like

And here are the winners:

Best Single Issue/One-Shot (must be able to stand alone)

Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons, by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez (DC)

Best New Series

The Nice House on the Lake, by James Tynion IV and Ɓlvaro Martƭnez Bueno (DC Black Label)

Best Writer

James Tynion IV, The Nice House on the Lake, The Joker, Batman, DC Pride 2021 (DC)

Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team

Phil Jimenez, Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons (DC)

Best Cover Artist

Jen Bartel, Future State Immortal Wonder Woman #1 & 2, Wonder Woman Black & Gold #1, Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary (DC)

Source: SDCC '22: 2022 Eisner Award winners, top moments, and more!

4 Likes

I disagreed with almost every winner they chose. HOW DID THE SCUMBAG NOT WIN BEST HUMOR PUBLICATION?!?!

James Tynion now has more best writer wins than Mark Waid.

1 Like

To be fair, Markā€™s most deserving work was happening while Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore were dominating the category, and nobody was going to beat them.

1 Like

Nice to see Jen Bartel for those beautiful covers! (And Robins #4 cover, lol, I see you Eisners)

Tynion absolutely deserves that win for The Joker alone - such a great title, so well written.

2 Likes

I say this about everything that I like, but Warner Bros. should do a THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE limited series on HBO Max. It would probably do well.

And congratulations to James Tynion on the win.

1 Like

Congrats to everyone! I was sad not to see Bruno Redondo win for Nightwing though. :frowning: I love his work.

2 Likes