DCFAC Week 12 Challenge: Submissions

Wish I could have done this. I’m out of town currently.

5 Likes

These colors pop! Love it!

6 Likes

Black and white ink piece always gets me! This is great!

5 Likes

@AnonymousHQ hope all is well! You can join in late another time. :slight_smile:

@ddeleonvfx and thank you! Color usually scares me. I’m trying to get more used to it !

4 Likes

I’m digging this a lot

4 Likes

I got good, so here is The Specter.
I know he isn’t really good or evil but they tend to seen him as a hero.

16 Likes

What media are you using for your colors?

3 Likes

I really don’t know much about the Spector, but this looks great! I especially like the way you drew the face within the hood. I find black and white artwork visually appealing, so I’m always glad to see more awesome black and white art!

4 Likes

@CynicalPink here is my baddie for this week. I was struggling to pick a bad guy then Denny O’Neil passed . This cemented Ra’s al Ghul as the one I should do in honor of his creator.
I included the cover I used as inspiration.
RIP Denny.

13 Likes

That looks incredible! The moody shading is perfect for Spectre.

And I used this set, but mine has 18 colors:

Can’t recommend! Maybe for practice, but the palette is very odd. Some colors are electrifying, while others, even dark shades, just don’t want to take. And for some reason they don’t blend as well as watercolors should :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

That’s terrifying, in a great way, with the sword and the mask! Wonderful tribute again to Denny.

For those who haven’t seen, Max did another incredible piece in his honor over here:

4 Likes

I really like both your piece and the thought behind it - Denny will be missed. Ra’s looks wonderfully Ra’s-like in all his slightly deranged glory - well done! I’d like to recognize your very nicely drawn hand (because hands are crazy hard) along with the cool blade Ra’s is reaching for. Great job!

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I always have trouble with hands myself so I’m really proud of this one! I tried for deranged and I got deranged, thanks!

5 Likes

Oh my goodness :heart_eyes: Love how she came out. I honestly like your version more than the photograph.

Also, blue eyed Babs? Yes. I couldn’t identify what felt off of her version in DCSHG but even after watching BTAS I couldn’t see it until I saw this gorgeous masterpiece.

6 Likes

This looks incredible! I absolutely love your coloring

5 Likes

Oooo good to know, thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

I love those colors! Such a really great drawing! I keep finding things I like in it, like her eyes. They are sooo good!

5 Likes

The shading in this is really really great!

5 Likes

@CynicalPink
Well that‘s amazing.

6 Likes

It’s true. Thanks!

4 Likes