DCFAC Week 11 Challenge: Members’ Takes On Official Art

@ImpulseMaxMercury Well done! You did a great job of portraying detail despite only using black and white. Also, kudos to you for not taking the easy route!

@cici Love how you translated the original art into your own style. I also really like your color choices (changing Clark’s suit to blue adds a nice contrast between the two of them) Nicely done!

5 Likes

This looks great! I like yours more than the original with how you shaded it.

4 Likes

@WingsOfAether Thanks! Yeah I saw his suit as a dusty Navy or something in the original and wanted to really push their differences with some little fashion details

5 Likes

That’s a rush?
I’d still be deciding how big to make my the panel on page and it’d look like a trapezoid.

5 Likes

Playing with darks is never easy. Well done.

5 Likes

Whoa.

5 Likes

You made this entirely your own. So sick.

5 Likes

I need lines with dots down the middle to make letters.

4 Likes

Can you send me this in black and white but put some numbers down to help me figure out how you colored it. Thanks.

5 Likes

I think they might charge ya a scooby snack :wink:

4 Likes

@WingsOfAether Thank you so much, and for stopping by to share feedback with all the club members! :two_hearts:

@Aegiey You’re always too kind :hugs: Glad you like it, and thank you!

@cici Thanks, as always! And LOVE yours! I feel like we have a professional doujinshi artist in our ranks. Glad you had fun creating it, too. :+1: Saw your new shop on instagram, by the way! Congrats!

@ImpulseMaxMercury Whoa, dude! You went ambitious and picked a hard one! Though given your penchant for details, this one was right up your alley. Very nicely done with that super intricate shading. The arms alone look like so much work!

@Aquamon Thank ya! :confounded: they’re the only part i liked, haha! And dude really, seeing your work again blows me away.

@TheRealDetectiveChimp And speaking of colors, I love yours!! Such a fun addition to this week’s gallery of entries. Scooby’s expression looks spot on with the original, too!

@ddeleonvfx I know I’m repeating myself, but I really do like your charcoal’s more than the digital coloring. They’re so very suited for Batbooks, and especially Arkham art.

@_UnderScore LOL. I think my architecture is looking veeeerry topple-y, but thank you! A trapezoid might have made the buildings actually make more sense :rofl:

10 Likes

Don’t you patronize me you color connoisseur! :laughing:
for real thank you :hugs:

4 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165

I agree with CP. I couldn’t even come up with something random to say because of how blowned awayed I wased.

4 Likes

@CynicalPink oooh doujinshi artist! :eyes: That would be so fun hehe thank you :pray:

5 Likes

Thank you truly, I might not get one in every week but this is now one of my favorite things on the community. I forgot how fun, therapeutic (for lack of a better word) drawing is. This club is awesome and I love checking out everyone’s art.

6 Likes

See! Majority rules. Case closed. Your submission is awesome.

6 Likes

Fine but only because my mom said the same thing :rofl:

6 Likes

She now counts as an art club member, so that’s a fair vote.

7 Likes

Ayyeee, love that you added your own flare to it

7 Likes

thank you! I appreciated it!!

5 Likes