DCFAC Sketch-Dump Space

Little doodle of Black Canary (Dinah Drake Lance) and (Killer) Frost (Caitlin Snow) in JLA Rebirth. Loved the way these two developed a friendship over time- in fact, my real life best friend has started calling herself “Canary” and calling me “Frost”.

New 52 Silver Banshee (Siobhan Smythe) and some pigeon friends.

8 Likes

I love both of these! Those are awesome!

4 Likes

My recent ink drawing of The Batman I made in Cartooning Open Studio Class. It is poster-size at 18" x 22" :

10 Likes

That looks AWESOME!!!

4 Likes

Thank you! :pray: :batman_hv_3: :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Awesome™:+1: looking stuff all
(a lot of pieces since I was last here​:sweat_smile: awesome™:+1:)

5 Likes

Wowww very nice work! I’m really enjoying this. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement! :pray: :smiling_face: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Don’t mind me. Just sketching out the scenes for the Robin animatic I’m making to Neoni’s version of Carry on Wayward Son. Maybe I’ll finish it, maybe I won’t, but I’ll do my best. I mean the lyrics are just perfect.

9 Likes

That looks so cool!!!

4 Likes

Thought I might update with the scenes. I fixed them up and wrote in what I think would be good transitions.

6 Likes

And I’ve changed my bio

7 Likes

And attempted ink and color, too scared to add a sky background, blues are finnicky and show streaks easy…

Based on this little baby shark. (From ss king shark)

Edit forgot the most important part

:notes: baby shark do do do baby shark :notes:

9 Likes

Ahhh I love this!!! :heart_eyes:

Especially…

:laughing:

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:
LOVE it so much @stefanie.m! Great inks and colors. Are you using Faber-Castell PITT pens for the colors by chance?

4 Likes

@DC89, I think you’ll like this.

3 Likes

Are these any good? Ive got a mix bag of markers that i use most are shuttle art because copic is too expensive and then micron pen for ink.

Also thank you! And @LastSon0fMars

7 Likes

Well, I think they are invaluable. I favor them over copic because I prefer India Ink over copic’s alcohol base, and I dig PITT pens brush sizes more. It’s all just personal and expressive preference, but I like the way India Ink looks dry compared to an alcohol based one.

Using micron pens with watercolors is pretty fun too.

I haven’t tried Shuttle Art pens yet. How do you like them? I know they got some acrylic paint ones that sound interesting.

What ever tools you’re comfortable with is cool because your work looks great @stefanie.m!

5 Likes

Final (for reals this time)

7 Likes

I saw a video and you can get some deep blacks with that india ink, i might have to look into this thank you!

I feel like i have a bit better control with these then the copic ones but only on small pieces, the tips are harder and not quite as flowy as the copic ones.

6 Likes