DCFAC August Challenge: DC Masterpiece

Looks like a few of us drew from the same inspiration! :joy::raised_hands: It was hard to get a picture of mine, and it looks darker on one side due to horrible lighting but I did my best!

The Creation of Adam:

DC style:

16 Likes

This is great!! Zuriel’s posture is on point! Good work. :+1:

5 Likes

Wow, what an awesome idea, and so well done!! This is fantastic. I love that you put a spin on the wall inscription as well. :100::ok_hand:

4 Likes

This is awesome. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

4 Likes

I just freaking love this. The details are so clever and I especially like that Kal-el’s face is softer and more juvenile than usual which is evocative of the original piece. Top notch stuff!

4 Likes

This is fantastic!! The coloration is super evocative of the original piece while also being character appropriate and dynamic. So well done.

4 Likes

This is such a great take on this piece! And the illusion of depth you created is so consistent and masterfully done!! Great job! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:Can’t wait to see the finished product!!

4 Likes

I love that those of us that chose the same masterpiece to emulate, still ended up with such different interpretations of it. I think it is wonderful how the background in yours has that Batman flavor! Then instead of cherubs you gave us bats, so great! Least I forget, the figures are outstanding too, superb shading!

6 Likes

Dude, frickin’ nice work! Those expressions and that smile, dead on. I wish I could color as well as you do. Love it!

4 Likes

Thank you! Taking it day by day. :slight_smile: And yeah, you’re welcome re: the details! You should definitely post another pic with a closeup, as I’m not sure how many people can download your full piece if viewing from a phone. I have no idea how you managed painting so intricately at that size, especially if working with watercolors on a wet canvas. :dizzy_face: Wondy’s stars on her shorts, Bat’s utility belt, the bolt on Flash’s insignia… It’s no wonder you had fun with the freedom of the sky after having to squint for the rest. :joy:

Yay to framing, by the way! That’s going to look awesome hanging up (so amazed this is only your second time working with paints! ). Can’t wait to see what you’re inspired to come up with next!

3 Likes

Like Rob said, it’s been so much fun seeing how the same painting has inspired such wildly different visions for club members! The idea of Batman being the creator of Red Hood is on a whole other level of dark, which I kinda love. That, added to your choice to turn the dayscape into night makes it so fitting for the Batman mythos. Really cool idea, and excellent execution!

5 Likes

@CynicalPink, threw up some pics in op. Yeah it was super time consuming LOL. Pretty much had to make brush strokes on a scrap piece of paper till it was almost dry then go over the people a few times. The border around Supes shield was one of the more nerve racking parts bc I knew if I screwed up it would stick out bad on the yellow or blue.

Will be back later tonight to comment on everyone’s awesome stuff. :hugs:

2 Likes

OMG that is fantastic!

4 Likes

What an awesome recreation!
You’ve outdone the original!

5 Likes

Holy mini-mes Batman! Thanks for the zoomed in shots. This is even more incredible than I thought!! I love details in pictures, I do a few myself, but this is the best I have seen on here since I have been a member. Thank you for your hard work I appreciate it very time I see it!!

4 Likes

Dudee! This came out awesome!

3 Likes

Please tell me this is the HISHE version :joy::clap:

3 Likes

yep you guessed it

4 Likes

Beautiful!

4 Likes