DCAU Complete Cronological List... Sort of

Oh yeah. I keep thinking of it as completely separate but you’re right it’s due to the flashpoint.

1 Like

Oh! And “Batman of Shanghai,” as long as we’re talking shorts, is set in the 1930s.

3 Likes

It would also make sense to place the original Superman animated serials from Fleischer Studios in their release year, as Superman deals with Axis powers in the later installments.

3 Likes

Yeah. Also I’ve been looking and maybe Superman Brainiac Attacks which I don’t see on here can go after animated series ends. Also Legion of Superheroes animated series would be farthest in future.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, for sure. The Legion animated series makes sense as the final point in the timeline.

2 Likes

So what about JLA trapped in time. Features legion. Maybe after JLU since very established JL

2 Likes

A tricky one is The Batman, from 2004. Young Dick Grayson, yet ANOTHER origin for Barbara Gordon, the appearance of the Justice League in later seasons…

2 Likes

Maybe an alternate universe around same point as B:TAS which also has youngish Dick Grayson and a babs just becoming batgirl

1 Like

According to the creators, JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time happens around the same time as their other project, Green Lantern: The Animated Series. (That’s why Hal isn’t in it… he’s in space.)

3 Likes

Ok. Never knew that. Makes sense though.

1 Like

Weren’t there some Adam West Batman animated movies released a few years ago that probably took place in 60s.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Return of the Caped Crusaders, and Batman vs. Two-Face. I’d put those in the late 60s for sure.

2 Likes

Correct, but due to them literally being continuations of the live action television series, I kind of put the 60s animated Batmans in their own category with the live action (they go hand in hand). The biggest connecting section to this list would probably be the Scooby Doo meets Batman. In which case, I would put the 60s animated movies about there in the timeline. I probably wouldn’t do that due to the implementation of the inclusion of live-action show in the list.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point.

2 Likes

I put Superman Man of Tomorrow at the end due to it being the latest movie released… if you watch Justice League Dark Apokolips War then there’s a spoiler at the end as to why… don’t read further if you don’t want a spoiler… but… there might be a sort of reset to the universe.

3 Likes

To be honest, I have not gotten to watch Zeta… but I will definitely get back to you on that. Previous research and discussion placed it with Batman Beyond and considers Flashpoint a reset to that universe.

2 Likes

Yeah good point. This is yours and extremely impressive so whatever you think. I’m just giving some opinions. I personally like to think some things would be places that most fans wouldn’t so whatever you think.

1 Like

So, when would Green Lantern: The Animated Series take place? Sorry, not familiar with those two series as much.

2 Likes

Probably hand in hand with Batman the Animated Series, a telling of the same story from two points of view…? Quality difference. Haha.

3 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes