DC Weekly Bulletin: May 22, 2020

:mega: Extra! Extra! Read All About It! :newspaper_roll:

Hello, DC Fans!!

Friday’s arrived again, and with it, comes a fresh batch of announcements to share! You’ll soon find that the news has been plentiful this week, ranging widely from the surprise existence (and soon release) of the oft-discussed “Snyder Cut,” to a Stargirl series premiere that’s sparkling with “certified fresh” goodness! :stars:

Ready to get in on the fun? Read all about it below!

DC Updates & Events

snyder

ZACK SNYDER’S ‘JUSTICE LEAGUE’ CUT
The highly sought after “Snyder Cut” of Justice League will be coming 2021!
Read more about it here.

dceased

‘DECEASED: HOPE AT WORLD’S END’
DCeased, 2019’s blockbuster series, makes its DC Digital First debut with new original stories set before the fall of Earth. Available now, DCeased: Hope at World’s End, written by Tom Taylor with art by Dustin Nguyen, Renato Guedes and more, will expand the story of the Anti-Life War and feature DC’s iconic Super Heroes. Read the first chapter now on the DC Comics app, ComiXology and other digital comics providers. Read More

FREE SCOOBY-DOO COMICS
DC made Scooby-Doo digital periodicals free to download, and within several days, saw over 240,000 downloads from digital retailers and over 25,000 views on DC UNIVERSE. Scooby-Doo comics are free to read now until September 7!

DC UNIVERSE WINS A WEBBY AWARD
Congratulations to DC UNIVERSE for taking home a Webby Award, which honors “excellence on the Internet,” specifically for the People’s Voice Award for Best Media Streaming Website. Read our article on the honor here, and a BIG thank you to all who voted!

DC Originals

• DC’s Stargirl is “Certified Fresh” on Rotten Tomatoes and brings a lighter touch to DC’s Super Hero universe. Read More

• As bloody, curse-laden and generally bawdy as DC UNIVERSE’s Harley Quinn show is, it’s always displayed a level of emotional intelligence in the way that it handles the complicated interpersonal relationships that shape the lives of its characters. Read More

image2

DC Comics & Other Media

• Harley Quinn #75 will be the ongoing title’s final issue. Read More

• DC announced the first extension to the upcoming Dark Nights: Death Metal event with two special anthology issues featuring an all-star creative lineup. Read More

• Swamp Thing’s new comic, the digital first Swamp Thing: New Roots, is a dark tale of human greed. Read More

• DC revealed the final versions of the Green Lantern 80th Anniversary variant covers here.

• Matt Fraction and Steve Lieber’s hit series Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen is blazingly smart and brutally funny. Read More

• Superman Smashes the Klan is an example of fiction’s power to change the real world for the better. The Beat gives it the strongest possible recommendation. Read More

DC News - Interviews

• Batman writer James Tynion IV discusses what to expect in the upcoming “Joker War” arc, and how reflections of the real world are instilled in the series. Read More

• The Flash writer Joshua Williamson talks ending his run with “Finish Line” and debuts covers here.

DC News - FYI

DC CONTINUES THE ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH CELEBRATION
DC continues the Asian Pacific American Heritage Month celebration with a spotlight on Eisner Award-winning artist Dustin Nguyen. Dustin has worked for DC for two decades and still remembers what it was like to illustrate his first-ever issue of Batman #26 as a young artist in 2004. Dustin’s recent works include Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime and DC’s Digital First title DCeased: Hope at World’s End . Check out Dustin in action on DC Comics Art Academy and his interviews in the Orange County Register and School Library Journal.

MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
May is Mental Health Awareness Month so take the time to focus on your mental wellness. In these times of uncertainty, taking preventative steps to care for your well-being is more important than ever before. See the list of links below for information on stress management and other ways to work toward keeping a sound mind:
World Health Organization
National Alliance on Mental Illness
National Institute on Mental Health

PRIDE MONTH - NEW TITLES ARRIVING
To celebrate Pride Month, June will see a major assortment of GLAAD Award-winning and nominated titles arriving on DC UNIVERSE. Outside of DC UNIVERSE, fans can purchase copies of DC’s YA titles including GLAAD Award-nominated Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass and You Brought Me the Ocean, a new title that showcases a coming out story within DC. Read More

21 Likes

Given that 2020 is the Justice League’s 60th anniversary, it’s apropos that the announcement of the Snyder Cut came when it did.

I doubt WB had one in mind when they approved of the other, but it’s a neat coincidence all the same.

Looking forward to the Death Metal goodness! :metal:

6 Likes

Such a great time to be a DC fan.

6 Likes

Awesome stuff looking forward to a lot of it.

3 Likes

Snyder Cut !!!

4 Likes

True, but not news. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Great time to be a DC fan.

3 Likes

great time indeed.

2 Likes

I saw Damian and SB on the covered of the new DCeased! I’m totally reading it!

3 Likes

If you’re still enjoying Lois Lane as much as I am, I’m hopeful it’s conclusion will be worthy of a news blurb.

4 Likes

Does that mean we’re getting additional LGBTQ-related books in our library for Pride Month? That would be amazing! Also, You Brought Me the Ocean sounds awesome and I can’t wait to check it out!

2 Likes

awesome stuff

1 Like

"Surprise existence ". :rofl: come on guys :rofl:

1 Like

Not sure how I feel on Synder cut. Like seriously how different is this from the movie they put out? Can it be done without refilming things?

I cant believe its actually happening! Im so hyped for HBO MAX

1 Like

I hope it’s 6 1-hour episodes, that would be amazing

1 Like

The DCU is humming along nicely. So glad I subscribed. Keep it coming, good people.

3 Likes

Well they did the Batman V Superman extended cut and a lot of people (critics and fans)said that it was a lot better the the theatrical version and I beleive they didn’t refilm any scenes. There’s so much they films in all movies that don’t make it to the final cut. So he prob got plenty to work with.
Hopefully this does turn out good cuz honestly asa DC fan I kinda didn’t care for justice league but I did love batman V Superman and think both movies get crapped on unjustly. Partly because it wasn’t a Marvel movie, even other marvel properties got crapped on by MCU fans like Venom, and X-men even before the came out. So many people are blinded by the MCU. Yea it’s good but not all the films and Infinity War is one of my comic movies. Both companies and movies can exist and both can be loved.
But I have faith they can rebuild the DCEU if they wanted, and change actors for sSuperman and Batman and just say JLA was just a vision or an alternate world that Diana was in. BUT they should also wait for some more single hits to come out and then slowly do some cameo and team up movies.

I noticed DOOM PATROL is on HBO MAX. Not complaining but just wondering why? Are they sharing the budget costs or something? And if so you think they can do they same for Swamp thing. That was one of the best pieces sof content on here besides all the comics.
How do others feel about some of the stuff being on HBO MAX. IMO I like it, I basically pay for this app for the comics. The old cartoons and original are just a plus. I don’t care if they share thing but just please don’t take away our originals and def not our cartoons. Theyre some of the best parts of this app, I wouldn’t care if they took the movies, but I know some of you will, but I’m here for (in order) comics, cartoons, originals, community and now even the rewards.

Sorry if this doesn’t belong here but I seen hbo max was mentioned with JL Snyder cut news.

Looking forward to Harley vs. Punchline!