DC Weapons, Gear+ Challenge

tenor (2)
@TheRealDetectiveChimp @Viciousdark @biff_pow thanks for the kind words! :blush: Trying to do the demon some justice :+1:

Same :sob: and the months almost overā€¦womp
Your piece is lovely! Very clean. And the goggles look amazing.

@Batwing52 like this work especially the chess piece and the coloring is great too with hints of shading. But I ah dont know who that is? Royal flush gang member??

@TheRealDetectiveChimp love this. I just started reading JL dark with the chimp so I get some of the choices i.e the helmet and the drinking problem. Iā€™m starting to enjoy this character! Well done man.

@ImpulseMaxMercury nice dude. I liked that you merged two character designs and the wings are nice. Is that Bronx hes standing on by the by?? :+1:

5 Likes

Well, I suppose I can give it away. Itā€™s not really a secret, after all. Itā€™s a helmet off one of the Knights from the original ā€˜80s Checkmate series.

2 Likes

Looks amazing! Kind of feels like Mike Mignola by way of Ben Templesmith.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: oh lawd I wasnā€™t even close and im not sure how I went from chess to cards??? My bad. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

No worries. Itā€™s fairly obscure, so I donā€™t imagine a lot of people would get the reference without the chess piece. Anyway, thanks for the kind words on the coloring and shading! I donā€™t really work with professional art supplies so that kind of thing isnā€™t always my strong suit. I usually just leave my drawings in black and white.

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliments!
And yes thatā€™s Bronx he is standing on. Of course now that I think about it, Batman mostly went out at night so Bronx would not be stone but I still liked the look

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: @jsmsiggy, Iā€™m glad you like it. I gotta get out and make copies of my art donā€™t worry Iā€™m gonna be doing something where Iā€™m gonna be giving away a copy of a bunch of different art pieces Iā€™ve done . I have to figure how Iā€™m going to do it but youā€™ll definitely know when itā€™s gonna happen.

3 Likes

@Viciousdark that picture was amazing! I could feel the power emanating from the scene and it looked like it just came out of a splash page in a comic book. When I draw comic book characters they donā€™t come close to looking like that. Great job

2 Likes

@stefanie.m the little Etrigan was such a cutie! Heā€™s so adorable for a rhyming demon from Hell, maybe he spouts nursery rhymes?
The assortment of weapons and King Shark reminds me of when I put a lot of obscure items in my pictures. I like it as without references I was trying to guess which is fun

2 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp I love the drawing! It really captures the chimpā€™s personality and I like the addition of the background objects. Sometimes animals can be tough to pull off but he looks good!

1 Like

@Broken-Knight I really like the detail in the Talon drawing! It looks so much like the reference picture and the inking of it really makes it pop. I could not tell which was which. Really cool!

2 Likes

@Batwing52 another person going for the obscure? I love it. I knew it had something to do with Checkmate but beyond that I was lost. Did you know of the character off hand or did you have to look up references? I usually try to put some obscure items into my drawings but I usually need reference because my memory may think of it but not exact how it looked. Great job!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: @ImpulseMaxMercury, just years of drawing. Never stop practicing, I try to make something everyday even if itā€™s small of simple just to keep me practicing something. But your art is awesome keep it up.

3 Likes

@Viciousdark if anyone has ever told you need to be drawing comics well you need to be drawing comics ! DC hire this person ASAP also, Iā€™m jealous I donā€™t have a titan of the month badge @Applejack why donā€™t I have a titan of the month badge ( kid I kid seriously why jk) also Jack you got connections help Viciousdark with an internship or something. Seriously you have a talent you should be very proud of it excellent work!

2 Likes

Oh man that would be so adorable!! Thanks for putting that image in my head :+1:

Haha yes thatā€™s a good thing about your work finding all the small details it really makes it fun and unique.

I love the look! Bronx and Lexington are some of my favorite characters!

2 Likes

Same coloring pieces makes my stomach knot up like I dont want to ruin this work I just spent a few hours on lol. And sometimes things just look waaaay better in black and white. its definitely rad looking forward to more pieces!

3 Likes

Well, I knew the ā€˜80s Checkmate series and liked it, but I hadnā€™t revisited it in a bit. I wanted to do something spy related, and thatā€™s where my mind went. I did have to look up the mask shape and the chess piece logo for reference, though.

2 Likes

That would be amazing, tell them Iā€™ll work for peanuts :peanuts:, lol :joy:, just to be part of the team would be a dream. Thank you :pray:t2: @jsmsiggy

2 Likes

I would work for comics @Viciousdark

2 Likes

Dear lord. Came out the gate hot with this one!

4 Likes