DC Weapons, Gear+ Challenge

Challenge: Draw, paint, sculpt or craft any of your favorite DC-hero gear. Weapons , utility belts , helmets , flashy accessories , funky contact lenses, and more . The gear can be shown alone or in use.

@DCFanArtClub (and anyone else who would like to join in) — feel free to start posting your final pieces below! I’ll try to get this week’s challenge up later this evening.

Original challenge link: DC Fan Art Club: Weekly Challenge #10

11 Likes

Here’s my superboy. This is a jim lee re-creation. @jsmsiggy I’m tagging you hope you like it.

25 Likes

Love your ink work, as always!

9 Likes

Thank you :pray:t2: :blush: @CynicalPink

5 Likes

I shouldn’t be surprised by now but everytime your work is always amazing! this is fabulous! Love all of it and the bits of the JL on the ground especially the lantern.

7 Likes

References:
Etrigan
Etrigan Sword
King Shark
Flashs ring
Klarions brand from BTAS
Midnighters scythe things from Midnighter #2/3
Constatine sword from Constatine #8

16 Likes

Thank you :blush: @stefanie.m and nice job I love the etrigan pic. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Here’s my finished Talon, I decided to keep it black and white, but I might come back one day and add some color. I was gonna do some gauntlets and throwing knives but I didn’t have time because I’m STILL working on the monthly challenge.

Referenced from this panel in Batman #3 2011

14 Likes

I haven’t even started mine :hot_face:

@Viciousdark hotchi-mama! It’s weird, I don’t like Jim Lee’s style, but I always like your recreations!

@stefanie.m LOOK OUT BABY YODA. That’s friggin cute as heck!

@Broken-Knight so sharp!

5 Likes

Just a little one. Trying to get back on top of these. Hopefully people know what this is:

13 Likes

Oooh I like it!

2 Likes

Thanks! Honestly I’m more proud of the Checkmate logo in the background than I am of the actual helmet itself.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: @biff_pow I’m gonna make a jim lee fan out you just wait and see. Lol :joy:.

4 Likes

I hope I’m not late to the party!

(This is a photo of me in my house a week ago.)

15 Likes

Baby Yoda: Hello The Real Detective Chimp, what’s up?
Me: Sad news, you are no longer the cutest fictional being!
Baby Yoda: image

5 Likes

I love the chess piece!

2 Likes

That’s almost as good as Greg’s! Great job!

1 Like

Now that is flipping sick (censored to Flippin instead of boxes those naughty boxes) yes I absolutely love that if you want to send me the original I would gladly put it on my wall !

2 Likes

@Viciousdark let me say this if anything ever happenes to Jim Lee you could take over as Jim Lee in the art department!

2 Likes

@CynicalPink I’m here, I’m here! I feel like I’m running late to class to turn in my latest assignment!
I grew up reading the Knightfall saga in Batman so what I have here is a half armored Batman/ half Azrael combination.
Also I know Batman always stands on Gargoyles so I figured why not make the gargoyle a recognizable one from one of my favorite well written cartoons of all time( well except for the third season)!

13 Likes