DC/Vertigo's The Kitchen (2019)

The Vertigo limited series from 2015 is getting a live action movie this year. It stars Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish, and Elisabeth Moss.

All three leads are giving great performances in the trailer. It looks gritty. I love Elisabeth Moss from Handmaid’s Tale and Mad Men. I’m definitely going to be checking this one out when it hits theaters.

6 Likes

It would be cool if we could get some coverage of it on DC Daily or have the comic run on DC Universe for a limited time when the movie comes out.

2 Likes

I liked the trailer. I don’t know when the movie hits theaters but I’d like to read the comic before then.

I’m glad Melissa McCarthy is breaking away from comedy. She was funny in her early movies but the schtick is old, so it’s nice to see her in another drama.

This also marks Common’s second DC movie (Suicide Squad being the first) and Domhnall Gleeson’s first.

I hope more Vertigo flicks are on the way. Most of them gave been pretty good.

2 Likes

*have

Yes! I do think Melissa McCarthy in a more serious role like this is just what she needed. I was a little nervous seeing McCarthy and Haddish together, thinking it would be a comedy, but they are both bringing a completely different vibe to their usual work.

Common doing another DC film is actually a pleasant surprise. He was underutilized in Suicide Squad. As for Domhnall Glesson, I’m glad he is going to be in the movie. Really enjoy his stuff.

I really do feel like most Vertigo titles have been translated really well into live action. V for Vendetta is still one of my favorites.

1 Like

I’m reading the comic now. I’m on #3 and it’s pretty good.

I’m 100% sure this movie will be rated R if the comic is any indication. It has oodles of f-bombs and some violence.

I just bought the trade on Kindle. I’m going to start reading it this week.

The trailer on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgit74aVAvM

This trailer is bananas, I lurve it! Can’t wait!

1 Like

I really wasn’t expecting it. I hadn’t heard anything about it being made so it was a very pleasant surprise.

1 Like

The final trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmxbpwg0rU&t=0s

I’m getting really excited for this movie. It’s coming out pretty soon (August 9)

1 Like

I’m definitely seeing it opening weekend!

1 Like

Me too! I am loving The Handmaid’s Tale, so that’s also hyping me up for more Elizabeth Moss.

1 Like