DC Universe's Meta Madhouse: Presenting Shazam's Sorcerers!

We’re entering the fourth week of DC Universe’s Meta Madhouse, our month-long competition in which each of four of the World’s Greatest Super Heroes – Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and Shazam – coach a team that will, over the course of a week, select a champion via a series of one-on-one match-ups, to compete against those of the other teams. Fans determine who wins by voting.

Week 4 begins tomorrow, April 2nd, when the voting begins for our final team, Shazam’s Sorcerers! With the Big Red Cheese’s first-ever movie hitting theaters this Friday, April 5th, expect a free-for-all wild enough to shatter the very Rock of Eternity itself. You can preview the match-ups in the bracket below…

Raven vs. Alan Scott

Trigon vs. Hoppy the Marvel Bunny

Zatanna vs. Blue Devil

John Constantine vs. Black Adam

Deadman vs. Etrigan the Demon

Madame Xanadu vs. The Spectre

Swamp Thing vs. Enchantress

Doctor Fate vs. Detective Chimp

Who are you voting for this week? Are you as worried as we are that Trigon will incinerate Hoppy? Let us know in the comments below!

6 Likes

Raven Vs Alan Scott

RAVEN VS ALAN SCOTT

R A V E N V S A L A N S C O T T

…is this your way of telling me you hate me…?

I

4 Likes

LOL who else is geeking at Xanadu vs. Spectre ??

I’m literally more concerned for her than Hoppy😂

1 Like

Alan Scott
Trigon
Zatanna
Black Adam
Etrigan the Demon
Madame Xanadu
Enchantress
Detective Chimp

2 Likes

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny. Trigon doesn’t have Jack on him. Hoppy can easily beat anyone in this bracket as well. You don’t need to take my vote for any others because I the end, Hoppy will win. Hoppy rules all.

3 Likes

Alan
Hoppy
Zatanna
Black Adam
Deadman
The Spectre
Swamp Thing
Enchantress
Doctor Fate

1 Like

This one’s almost as hard as the Batman bracket.

I love you Raven, you’re one of my faves, but Alan Scott.

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny has never been beaten up by teenagers. HOPPY.

DAEH LLAF FFO! Zatanna, no contest.

If John can outsmart the barons of Hell, he can outsmart Black Adam. And he can. (So he can.)

The only way Deadman beats Etrigan is if he possesses the body of Ch’p, and Ch’p is WAY too powerful to let that happen.

Madame Xanadu outsmarted death, and Spectre seems to be constantly being outsmarted and loopholed. My gut says Xanadu.

Enchantress isn’t going to defeat every plant in the universe. Swampy.

Doctor Fate bores Detective Chimp to death

1 Like

I’m predicting that the Spectre is going to win. He is definitely the most powerful hero in the contest. I’m kind of hoping Alan Scott is going to win.

1 Like

Alan Scott: Love both characters, but Raven’s a pacifist with empathic abilities and Alan is a Superman-tier magical fighter with the same first name as me. That last part is particularly important.
Trigon: OK, now you’re just daring us to vote Hoppy. But Krypto lost to Supergirl, so now, in true comic book supervillain fashion, I’ve sworn revenge on all adorable superpowered animals.
Zatanna: Duh.
Black Adam: Remember 52? World War III happened, and it had two sides: Black Adam by himself, and literally everyone else.
Etrigan: If Deadman struggles with all his might, the Demon will still win this fight.
The Spectre: Come on. Come on. Madame Xanadu is powerful, sure. The Spectre went 1v1 against the Anti-frickin’-Monitor. He’s supposedly the second-most powerful being in existence. I just looked up a list of his powers and the first four were omnipotence, reality warping, omniscience, and immortality. If the Spectre doesn’t win this entire tournament, then somebody’s not paying attention.
Swamp Thing: Not terribly familiar with either character, but I’m pretty sure Swamp Thing’s connection to the Green pretty far outstrips any of Enchantress’s abilities.
Doctor Fate: Again, supervillain revenge quest against animals. Also, Detective Chimp’s ability set is “is smart.” This list has a TON of filler.

However, I’m still considering ignoring Trigon and the Spectre for being too powerful to compete fairly in the first place (at which point I would be backing Alan Scott). Just not sure I can in good conscience vote against what I actually think the result would be.

3 Likes

Raven vs. Alan Scott
= Alan Scott
= Trigon
Zatanna vs. Blue Devil
= Zatanna
= Black Adam
= Etrigan the Demon
= The Spectre
= Swamp Thing
=Doctor Fate

4 Likes

Raven
Trigon
Zatanna
John Constantine
Etrigan the Demon
The Spectre
Enchantress
Doctor Fate

These are my picks. I’d love it if Enchantress could win the whole thing, but unfortunately I don’t think that will happen. Swamp Thing is a tough first round match up.

2 Likes

It’s Spectre’s bracket to lose, for sure. Especially if you look at pre-crisis Spectre.

Swamp Thing isn’t all that and a bag of crisps. Make him fight in an astral plane, no tangible connection, no connection to “the green”… he’s last weeks compost pile.

A Hoppy vs Spectre final with Hoppy taking it by TKO, because Spectre is just so done with the entire charade of even pretending like he has to care, he doesn’t show for the final.

3 Likes

Can Spectre even fight someone if they don’t deserve God’s wrath?

1 Like

Raven vs. Alan Scott
Alan Scott

Trigon

Zatanna vs. Blue Devil
Zatanna

John Constantine ( One of my favorite characters, have to pick him)

Etrigan

The Spectre

Swamp Thing (My actual favorite character)

Doctor Fate

I want Swamp Thing to win it all but I doubt it

1. Raven
  2. Trigon
  3. Zatanna
  4. Constantine
  5. Jason blood/Etrigan the demon
  6. The spectre
  7. Swamp thing
  8. Dectective chimp

Raven
Trigon
Zatanna
Black Adam
Etrigan
Spectre
Swamp Thing
Dr. Fate

Raven
Trigon
Zatanna
John Costantine (for reasons)
Spectre
Swamp Thing
Dr. Fate

1 Like

No one voting Hoppy, clearly the DC Daily cast wasn’t able to influence people. lol.

Does seem like they are just daring the fans to vote for Hoppy… but a part of me wants them to just for giggles.

1 Like

This is the toughest bracket so far in my opinion, so many favorites.
I guess I’m going for Zatanna to win it all.

Hoppy has all the powers of Shazam (Captain Marvel, for those of us not restricted by copyright issues) plus has the ability to shoot lightening from his eyes. He is Shazam and Superman (sans freeze breath & Super hearing) rolled into one, without Supes vulnerabilities to kryptonite & magic. Of all the other non-bi-peds in the entire Madhouse, he’s the most powerful. Including Streaky, Krypto, and (my boy) Ch’p

If Raven can beat Trigon, Hoppy can figure out a way. He has the wisdom of Salamander, after all.