DC Universe will sink or swim on Titans and other new shows

With the rotating movie, animated content and past TV efforts, it is obvious DC Universe is doubling down on “new content” to be the reason people will continue to subscribe; in essence the reverse strategy of Netflix. Will it work? Only time will tell.

1 Like

Do you think this strategy will work, @RobertScorpio?

It’s the only reason I’m here. Im not paying for movies I already on and a bunch of old cartoons I don’t care about.

New content is the only reason I’m signed up.

1 Like

i have to agree to a point. i own every single DC movie and series in their highest format Blu-ray and DVD the only reason im here is for Titans. if it wasn’t for titans i would subscribe. this service isn’t worth it

1 Like

I think it has already working. They were able to sell Titans to Netflix for overseas customers. The money they made on that deal has paid for the first season and has allowed them to order a second. If they can do that again with the other shows, they won’t need as many subscribers to break even. My speculation is that they need 2 million subscribers to get to that point without help from Netflix.

4 Likes

I believe CW DCTV will also play a part if it gets moved to here instead of Netflix. DCU App will get bolster to it’s TV content. Those shows are pretty popular among DC fans. Comics will be a huge part.

I bought Batman The Complete Animated Series Blu-ray even though it’s included in this service. No complains at all for me comparing to the some people here complaining about the service and that cost more than the yearly subscription we paid.

Harley’s pudding… I think it will work. I didn’t get the service for the movies or cartoons, I have most of them already. I am here for the new content…and so far Titans has delivered. And the other new shows look promising. So as long as the quality of new shows is good…DC Universe will succeed.

2 Likes

If Titans is any indication I am in for the linf hall. Love this show. Also based on episode #4 I cant wait for Doom Patrol

1 Like

Also wondering if there is any chance of new seasons of Constantine on DCU

I think dunno1 is probably right. I know a lot feel cheated that other countries are getting Titans as part of Netflix. But especially this early on it is extremely unlikely they have enough subscribers to pay for Titans. The Netflix deal pays the bill plus makes a profit airing it in markets that don’t get DCU, then with the money made the original series help draw in new subscribers to the service. It is a similar strategy to how the Star Trek shows on CBS All-Access are being used, as they don’t get enough subs to pay the bill for that one either, but the Netflix deals make it a win/win for making money and bringing in subscribers. I know a lot don’t like the Netflix deals and I get why, but at least for those of us who are liking this service, other countries getting them more or less for free (at least compared to how we are getting them) may be a necessary evil.

All of that is irrelevant if the app isn’t available on all popular platforms. Right now I could not in good concience recommend DC Universe. And that pains me. I pre ordered, I love titans, but I have to buy a device to watch it on my tv!?

1 Like

Great post DanTheMan.

I don’t understand why people are whining about platforms. I have Fire TV on my living room TV, so I went and bought a Roku to go along with my Fire TV. Problem solved. When you can buy a Roku from $25 to $40, which is nothing, then you’re complaining just to complain.

6 Likes

Problem is wtf do I have to buy Roku just for DC uni??? Very inefficient way to solve a problem

1 Like

I would pay $15 a month for this service, so $79 for 15 months is a great bargain, to me at least. My favorite subscription service ever

2 Likes

chromecast is cheap af

1 Like

many services like hbogo, vrv, funimation or the new disney play arent on smart tvs

I have a Roku. Would I need to get it interfacing with my computer?

Anyone who really thinks DC was going to put every movie on this site AND comic books AND TV-shows for 7.99 a month has a scew loose in their brain. They never said they would…they always said “rotating”…I’m sure they will add a higher price for their entire comic catalog someday. The main goal for this APP has and will always be their original content. THAT is the same goal “Netflix” is going toward with MARVEL/Disney pull up stakes next year. TITANS-DOOM PATROL-YOUNG JUSTICE-STARGIRL-SWAMP THING-HARLEY QUINN …with the Luthor/Lois Lane show and Hawk and Dove somewhere in the future…and other things too.

2 Likes

I mean yall could just hook ur laptop to ur tv with a usb cable cord

1 Like