DC Universe Villain of the Year! Who gets your vote?

Hello DC Daily Fans!

We’re celebrating the Villain of the Year awards, DC Daily style! The official contest is now closed, but we at DC Daily are holding our own version and want your votes! Using DCU Original Shows, let us know who YOU think deserves the coveted title of Villain of the Year! Do you think Trigon beats Deathstroke? Is Dr. Light even a contender? Maybe it’s Mr. Nobody or perhaps it’s Young Justice’s Granny Goodness!

Let us know in the comments who gets your vote for DC Universe’s Villain of the Year! Let’s have some fun with this one.

3 Likes

LADY SHIVA! Back and badder than ever in Batman and the Outsiders. All bow down to the queen of martial arts.

4 Likes

I’d have to go w/ Jon Cryer’s Lex Luthor as my favorite villain from 2019. Even though he only appeared in 3 episodes of Supergirl, he completely stole the season w/ his performance and was a big reason why season 4 was so brilliant. Plus he’s still got a chance to leave a further impact when he returns in Crisis

4 Likes

Mr. Nobody

4 Likes

It’s Darkseid from YJ3. No, he’s not in it a lot, but it’s Darkseid, my runner up is Vandel Savage, with Granny a close 3rd. (Vandel and a pact with Darkseid…way did not see that coming and on the villain scale of 1-10, that is a 682.

2 Likes

I’m not ashamed to say I pooped myself a little when Deathstroke showed up Esai Morales brings the fraggin ruckus!

3 Likes

Man he blew me away with his performance. When he staged the attack and saved the American ships all while singing Frank Sinatra, i was literally clapping on my couch. Standing O for Jon Cryer.

3 Likes

I vote for the Penguin! He should’ve been part of villains of the year! :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

1 Like

I have to go with Mr. Nobody from DC Universe’s Doom Patrol. The way he was so evil and reveled in it, he was a bad guy and knew it, he didn’t try to say he was doing the right thing. Yes, by the end of the season it felt like the team had no way of winning because Nobody was controlling them but he’s the most entertaining DC Universe villain at the end of the day and he should definitely win this title.

3 Likes

That was such a well-done moment. The song fits Lex’s ego perfectly and there was just the right amount of crazy in his singing voice to sell the whole thing chef’s kiss

1 Like

Mr. Nobody gets my vote too. I went into that series knowing nothing about him and came out a fan. He wasn’t a bad guy trying to justify himself as a good person, he was just a bad guy trying to hurt the people who hurt him. (And have some fun along the way) It was sort of refreshing to get this villain archetype that isn’t done too much.

Also, Alan Tudyk was amazing in this role and I hope we get some more of him.

2 Likes

Doom Patrol: Admiral Whiskers

Titans: The Nuclear Family

3 Likes

YJ is Savage.
Doom Patrol is Admiral Whisker (Nobody is a close second)
Titans Deathstroke
Swamp Jason Woodrow AKA Floronic Man.

Overall villain has to be Floronic Man. He was an awesome villain even before he was planted.

Lex, even behind the scenes, proved himself more cold, calculating, diabolical than anyone, including Reverse Flash

although, we knew Lex was evil from day one … Painkiller on Black Lightning morphed from a good kid with a future to an unfeeling killer of his own parent … like, horrifying, unstoppable … from a standpoint of pure terror, he is villain of the year

admiral whiskers is a hero! mr nobody’s villain of the year!

1 Like

Reverse Flash from CW is just amazing, Tom Cavanagh can play any role and when he is Thawne he is at his best. I was more than excited to see that character return and the plot line that lead to it was a phenomenal orchestration of tragedy.

2 Likes

i think they meant from dc universe shows, but i couldn’t agree more!

I missed that it’s supposed to be from DCU shows. In that case, definitely Mr. Nobody, though Deathstroke could claim that mantle by the end of the season

Exactly, how many shows or movies show bad guys revel in being bad guys for the heck of it? Not nearly as much.

1 Like

DCU Villain of the year?
Season finale of Titans S1 :rofl:…no wait, 2nd half of YJ S3 :sleeping:… wait no, ST cancellation :frowning_face:

Oh goodness me sorry just having a laugh. Hands down Mr. Nobody. The Chief could arguably be a close runner up.