DC Universe v. Marvel Unlimited v. ComiXology

71b384f38d815cea301bf45ccdec35df

3 Likes

Got it in one, DCU for the win, countin all you cats

2 Likes

I’m not sure where else to ask this, but I have a question on Marvel Unlimited. I saw that they had a major update to their app today, and I spied in one of the screenshots that there is now a feature called “My Lists”. Can anyone with MU please tell me if the app and/or site now allows you to add individual issues to custom user lists in the same way that DCUI does? Meaning, would I be able to create multiple lists with unique names (so, it’s not just their one default “Library” or “Favorites” list), and then go and add individual issues from multiple different series to those lists? Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ll go check now.

I installed the update and frankly I’m not thrilled with their attempt at doing what DC does with digital firsts. MU mixes the new digital stuff with the weekly new comics area and it’s a mess to try to find things now.

2 Likes

So the sad answer is no Marvel unlimited does not have that ability.

Instead they have something like 30 very oddly included specialized reading lists that you can then bookmark to appear in “My Lists.”

Some examples, they have a “Ms Marvel” list, a “Champions” list, an “Avengers Legacy” list you can bookmark so you see them under your area called Lists.

There is no way to create your own unique list like you can on DCUI.

2 Likes

Yeah I updated mine today, but haven’t had time to check the new version out yet.

Thank you. You just saved me 10 bucks a month. :rofl:

2 Likes

I pay $69 a year.

3 Likes

Anything that is an event that you could previously pin to your home page will also show up in those lists. There is quite a large amount of content that you can add to the My List section.

2 Likes

But sadly you can’t create your own unique list or individually pick comics you would like in that list, like we can on DCUI.

I sent a note just now through customer service complaining I no longer can browse alphabetically through the entire Marvel library and also that these new Infinity Comics are jamming out some of the “New this Week” comics there were there for me to read earlier this week.

I wonder why the customer service group is so busy this week LOL

4 Likes

Im cool with their update, addin an entire series to the library as well as single issues is a step up. It does really feel like a SLIGHTLY, very slightly, different DCU, now.

You used to be able to add specific comics to your list–just don’t understand why they are messing with everything–

Yes that’s true, I’m surprised they didn’t allow the option to create your own lists.

There’s a lot of problems that need correcting at the moment. The biggest one being the complete disappearance of your reading history. I haven’t read a single comic since the update though because they didn’t think to disable the status bar on the iOS app when reading an issue. That’s like basic app making. Hopefully there’s an update early this week.

2 Likes

Yeah the truth is there’s things I wish DC Universe Infinite would adopt from the …up until last week …version of Marvel Unlimited and vice versa.

1 Like

The Grid View was my favorite part of MU. I’m getting caught up on X-Men and it made it very easy to get through the various titles in order. I’d love for that to be here (and come back to MU since it was removed)

1 Like

Yep, agreed. I help run three different comic book clubs here and the grid view would make my life a lot simpler.

1 Like

Some wild coincidences here. At the same time the Marvel unlimited app is wacky the Walmart shopping app also just went kablooey.

What I am finding terribly ironic here as I just launched a new marketing campaign with IBM as a client to get the word out concerning their AI Ops offerings that basically help IT test and monitor the behavior of new applications (DevOps) before they launch them and after they launch them …to immediately alert folks if there’s any problems for us users.

Wow

3 Likes

Wow Color Me Startled, the Marvel Unlimited app actually made some changes and now the New Releases section id nicely organized. None of that Infinity digital only stuff is showing there except at the very end.

Also, Search and then Series gives the Browse view of old, but no Grid View option.

Again I’m hoping that the two apps DCUI and MU bounce off each other and improve each other.

1 Like

I wish they would hurry up and put an update out to at least fix the iOS Status bar issue. I haven’t read anything since the update because it’s so annoying.

1 Like

Okay here’s a real crazy situation, speaking of DC Universe Infinite, Marvel Unlimited and Comixology Unlimited:

We have a nice collection of the hardcover graphic novels called “Earth One” on DC Universe Infinite:

But isn’t it strange that Teen Titans: Earth One is not on DC Universe Infinite, but it is being offered right now on Comixology Unlimited at no extra charge:

1 Like