DC Universe Ultra

Don’t think so. The release notes for the latest version of DCUI on the App Store mention the Ultra membership and the 1 month duration.

1 Like

Well that would be quite the thing if it is real.

Have a funny feeling maybe it really is then.

I’m not sure if I want to sell out the extra money though oh boy.

Nothing on the Google Play version.

2 Likes

If it’s a gag. They have iOS listing it in their update info and giving the option to choose it. When I click on manage subscription it brings me to the option to select a plan. Someone’s getting fired​:joy:

1 Like

Maybe somebody goofed and added it before they were supposed to because it’s not on the news or anything and this is a big deal if it’s true.

2 Likes

I’m saying why wouldn’t they announce it during New York Comic-Con they just did a presentation this is really bizarre.

2 Likes

Oh I believe you. I just assumed it was announced at NYCC since all of a sudden there was an update.

1 Like

So I do have 3 questions. @moderators maybe you can help me out with these.

1. If we were to switch to ultra, would we get access to issues that came out within the last 6 months that aren’t on DCUI normal yet?
  2. If we were to switch before our current plan has run its full course, will we have to pay for DCUI normal and DCUI ultra?
  3. Is it guaranteed that every comic will be digitalized 30 days after, or is that just an estimate?
2 Likes

“Expanded comics library” eh? I expect zero backlash once we find out what this means.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case, because literally the only mentions of this I’ve seen use this update file as the source. My guess is that this is something that will be formally announced Saturday or Sunday during NYCC.

I’m definitely curious to see what they mean by the expanded comics library. Are they talking about books that are normally left out because of trade sales like Watchmen or The Three Jokers? Or graphic novels like the YA books?

2 Likes

Since I read almost exclusively on digital, I can tell you that digital issues come out the same day as the physical comics. I can’t speak for the service of course, but it shouldn’t be a problem having it on DCUI a month later.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that either A: they have little to no information as of yet, or B: whatever info they have, they can’t say until it’s officially announced or available.

3 Likes

Has anyone actually gone ahead and purchased one of the new plans to see what they’re like?

2 Likes

I have been checking reddit constantly, and nobody is mentioning it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hey friends!

Looks like you’re on the trail of something exciting :wink:…check out the DCUI Ultra post over here!

11 Likes

They took down the options for the other plans, at least on iOS. It’ll show back up on Monday when it’s officially implemented.

3 Likes

Oh the scandal of it all

2 Likes