DC Universe Tech Update - October, 2018

NEW Community Forums features
o Ability to add images to forum posts & replies
o Moderators and Staff are identifiable with “Mod” flag
o Deep link to board or topic within board

Bug Fixes and Improvements
Android:
o Chromecast fixes. Resolved issues with users attempting to stream using Chromecast devices
o Overall app stability improvements

Roku
o Fixed issue where too many list items would crash the app

Web
o Improvements to Community, Forum and News homepage and details displays
o Forums now accept line spacing
o Improved “Trending Discussion” views
o Fixed “See More” actions

COMING SOON…
Improved iOS functionality!

82 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Love the improvements! Can’t wait for more! Are we getting console apps in the near future as well? That’s the best way to watch this awesome content, especially for Titans! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know all this. Thanks also for all your hard work.

1 Like

I love the communication! Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Good first update. Thank you for this post to let us know.

I appreciate the mods starting to let the community know more that’s going on

4 Likes

I think all users would be happy with more posts like this one, honest answers and updates are very welcome, even if it’s not a popular answer being informed is very important in building trust between a service and it’s paying customers.

10 Likes

Noticeably missing in “COMING SOON” is Fire TV/tablet access.

9 Likes

NEED!

*search function (this will help minimize duplicate threads)
*forum rules
*ready access to threads where we have previously posted

3 Likes

I don’t know. I think I’d rather they work out issues with other devices first so that when it does become available on Fire devices it will hopefully have less bugs and other issues. I think I’d rather be able to stream without those issues.

2 Likes

There should be a “Updates” board where only mods can post. Some of these topics will get bump down so everyone can’t see it. Just a suggestion.

5 Likes

If you look at the description of the various boards, that what this one (Watchtower) is supposed to be.

3 Likes

Sounds good!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to see you guys are actively working on the issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the official update!

1 Like

I enjoy and thank you for the update.

1 Like

@Applejack also are there any plans to make a more streamline way for videos to play on the web?

Cause right now I’m experiencing a few small issues that feel like bugs( I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one) when I watch a TV show it drops out of full screen and doesn’t allow your mouse to disappear once you go into full screen mode.

P.S . I understand this particular post was more about Community forums and the news feed bug fixes but I don’t where else to post this question where I felt someone would read it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Is there any news about the Amazon Fire Stick being compatible? The reason I ask is it says it’s compatible in Wikipedia.

9 Likes

Awsome! Keep up the fine tuning :+1:t2:

What about adding a friends list updates on when someone comments on our post

2 Likes