DC Universe San Diego Comic Con 2019 Announcements

did they mention when a trailer for titans would be released?

Was there any mention of a PS4 app?

2 Likes

Renew Swamp Thing or I’m Done with the service. Its by far the best show on the service Right up there with YJ. but as good as it is even YJ by itself isn’t enough to keep me paying for this app. Also The Harley shows animation is beyond bad. so thats a hard pass.

2 Likes

Great news! Now just looking forward to seeing when they come out

1 Like

Swamp Thing season 2 or GTFO

5 Likes

Very excited for the new seasons of Young Justice and Doom Patrol!

Swamp Thing needs a Season 2 though. It’s been really good! Cancelling a new show right after it starts airing and getting good reviews does not build confidence in DC’s long term plan for creating and supporting original programming.

9 Likes

You know what I love? Having to plug my laptop into my TV to watch anything on DC Universe. I guess I will have to do this always if I want to watch anything on DC Universe on my large TV, you know because there is no word on a PS4 app! I mean how long does it take to develop that app? It’s almost like… I don’t know… you are not even actively working on it…

4 Likes

DC everybody wants you to do well, but it’s truly evident you don’t care at all about your fans. You blow every opportunity you have to impress with more disappointment. You treat Superman (Henry Cavil) like CRAP. This generation has no clue a Superman. He’s where it all started. SHAME ON YOU DC

1 Like

Excited that Young Justice and Doom Patrol will have new seasons. Also looking forward to Titans Season 2. I am cautiously intrigued about Harley Quinn. Looking forward to what’s ahead for DC Universe! Stay whelmed, everyone!

3 Likes

So much complaining from people on here. How about instead of focusing on the stuff you dislike, you appreciate the great stuff this service is offering? The original series are fantastic, and the comics collection is a dream come true for DC lifers like myself. The SDCC news is actually thrilling for me to see because it assures me that this service is sticking around. It was not that long ago, we didn’t have anything like DC Universe, so please don’t take it for granted.

13 Likes

Is Swamp Thing being thrown away because it is not a Berlanti production? It is the first DC show to embrace the horror/mystery genre and it truly has no political axe to grind which is so refreshing. It is pure, pulp DC and whoever is in charge doesn’t realize how much of an opportunity this is for DC to expand on something their competition is ignoring.

8 Likes

Doom patrol seaso 2 yes can’t wait

4 Likes

That HQ show looks hilarious, as long as none of my precious villains get killed I am fine with this :>

1 Like

Kind of lame announcements for a two hour panel. Don’t get me wrong Doom Patrol is my favorite DC show ever and I can’t wait for season 2 but I feel like that could have been announced at any time between its premiere and now. Not really a “con” worthy announcement if you ask me. Same with Young Justice. There seems like there could have been so much more to talk about.

For example

• PS4 details (or other platforms)
  • Community 2.0 details or hints
  • An update on the health or status of the app
  • New shows or update on Stargirl.
  • Plans for future growth.
  • CW or DCEU movies coming to the app

I’m not sure where we would get these details but hopefully the mods decide to give us a little more info in the coming weeks, or maybe like a Titans trailer. Sorry for all the complaining, just bummed out that DC seems like it’s holding back, or worse just doesn’t have anything for us. :frowning:

3 Likes

It all sounds awesome.
DP I saw coming
YJ was a nice surprise
Titans is going to be awesome
HQ look hilarious

Can’t wait for what’s to come. It all sounds awesome

4 Likes

Hooray for new seasons announced and a new show with a trailer which I can’t wait to watch. Now to have a Redhood and the Outlaws spinoff when Jason dies on the Titans. Or someone trying to connect every event and person in history with “THE QUESTION”

p.s. Can we get season 1 of Titans without the blue filter all the way up?

1 Like

ok i am confused is Doom Patrol no longer going to be on DC Universe and moved to HBO Max?

I’m slightly confused by the post… Are there both the trailer and a sneak peek at Episode 1 for Harley Quinn, or just the “You’re Gonna Make It After All” trailer?

So what does the HBOMax announcement mean for DCU long term? I’m only going to pay for one of the services, so if the shows from DCU start airing in both locations, why wouldn’t I just subscribe to HBOMax?

I am curious in the announcement of Doom Patrols partnership with HBO Max. I hope it means more money for bigger productions and stronger CGI. It was very interesting that Jeremy Carver and Diane Guerrero were notified that S2 was happening minutes or hr. before their panel :exploding_head: