DC Universe Online

Been playing recently with sister and daughter. Played a bit years ago so started all over with new characters so we can adventure together. Fun!

2 Likes

I started playing again, but I had to switch…to the Switch. My PS4 broke haha. Anyone play there? I wish it was cross play.

1 Like

I played this game at beta launch. It was really cool me and two other friends had created our characters and hung out at the Beta party and got to fight Jim Lee in the middle of Gotham Botanical Gardens.

I have played the game on and off since then. The repetitive grind gets really boring. Its not until you get to a high enough Combat Rating when it’s not so repetitive.
So I’m back playing the game.
I play on PS4.
You can look me up as my main toon Connor Frost
Or my main villain Vyktr Jordan.

Also if you play and your hero is Lantern themed and you do not have a league. Come join my league. (I’m the founder lol)

1 Like

I do sometimes but I have to be extremely bored. I love the game for the time it’s given us but honestly, it’s dead. The way it’s set up over half of the content is unplayable because everybody is at such a high level and not playing any of it. On top of that, in today’s climate of games there’s so much more to offer that the game just can’t support. The engine is dated.
Ik it’s never gonna happen but there really should be a new game. Not a sequel. Keep the story and everything, just make it better. It’d be nice to actually have our powers be our weapons instead of needing weapons, but still being able to have weapons or brawling/martial arts. It’s about supporting different play styles. When it comes to story, it could use some work. It doesn’t really flow. You get outta Brainiac’s ship and automatically get your first mission and come to find the little Brianiac mission in the safehouse. Flushing Brainiac outta the area shoulda been the first order of business. And then getting into the “classic” game you never hear of Brianiac again and hop between cities and mentors and even doing bit and pieces of the other mentor stories that don’t fit or even make much sense unless you play the whole thing. Any missions involving Brainiac should be for everyone and if it has nothing to do with that then you stay with your mentor and follow that story. There’s also too many missions that don’t fit with mentor story especially for Batman like Scarecrow, Bane, and Poision Ivy. They gotta make it all fit. And to feel more apart of the story and world even they gotta have cutscenes that feature our character(s) and voices. It would also help to have choices that drive what happens in the story. While possible and been done before that’s a pipe dream. Lastly, they need to find a way to make it a massive multiplayer while also making sure you’re not stuck behind what other people are playing, otherwise the game will have an expiration date.

Ive been playing the game since the beginning, i have a league that doesnt have many members and i accidentally removed myself as a leader to someone who doesnt play it anymore. Id add you to my league if you need one but idk how cross platforms works with ps4and the switch. Id help you out though

2 Likes

So over in another thread I got in to a good conversation about this game. If I talked to you there perfect lol. Anyways I wanted to post a picture of my main character and tell you about him a little.

His name is Conner Frost, he is a Green Lantern DPS. I am the founder of the league the Unified Lantern Corps.

I’m always looking for new members we are a casual league.

3 Likes

Recent additions to DCUO’s Material Palate have allowed me to finally perfect one of my original characters

The Blonde Banshee
This was the original design
182249_199464263412546_3846937_n

and this is the final in-game version

4 Likes

I have it on the Switch as well!
“The Zanman” is my hero name :slight_smile:
I won’t be on much this week, but I have found a slight addiction for the game!
I’m definitely eager on finding people to play with.

1 Like

Anybody else grinding Tides of War content? I got some tips to share.

First, make as many alternative characters as possible. The max characters without subscription is 6. Bring them all to level 10 cr. It goes faster than you would think. Now, all characters can run all seasonal content. That is 6 times the collection nodes and seasonal currency!
Now, choose a character you want the collector content on (auras, style pieces, base items) and use your shared bank to funnel all the collected content from other characters to your chosen main character.

So instead of 10 sand Dollars a day, its 60 (80 in my case) The daily content can be completed in minutes. This is method is great if you ever wanted to fill a League hall with specific base items.

Warning: Style items bought from seasonal vendors cannot be traded between characters. Collection nodes and base items can be traded.

1 Like

I live for the Tides of War seasonal (it’s always over way too fast in my opinion and it hurts even more that they leave all the boats in the bay after the event is over throughout the remainder of the summer with nothing to do but sit there and count your Time Capsules)
It’s actually been helpful too me in perfecting Both Aquaking Seaman’s base…

oops! Poor Tusky!
farewell old friend by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

and Classic Archer’s Base…

EcBQegBXQAkMcNR by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
EcBQfpZWAAA8LO9 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
EcBQgviWAAENbv4 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
EcBQdafXYAAL0yO by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
But It’s also very instrumental this year in revisiting one of my Favorite Justice League Locations
EcBV44ZWkAEbXe8 by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

4 Likes

I used to play, unfortunately my computer can’t run it anymore

I was a Red Lantern build

1 Like

no, but the trailers and promotions for the MMORPG do look cool and neat :laughing: :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

I’m a Switch DCUO player! But I’m still a newbie to it, though. If only it had crossplay with the other platforms; I find it difficult to queue.

2 Likes

Scorpio Burn here! I absolutely LOVE DCUO!!! I hope to meet some of you ingame!

2 Likes

Hi Everybody! Fyi, there is a free cr255 advance until Oct. 11. Time to beef up that alternate character, or maybe even your main!

4 Likes

If you missed out on the limited time free character advance, just know there will probably be another one on January 11, 2021. 10 year anniversary​:grinning::+1:

Looks like the next episode is The LEGION!!

2 Likes

Actually, Yes! If you are a Villian Join, “DC Donut Shoppe” to get started with the right people.

2 Likes

This game is Amazing!! <3

2 Likes

I was Manualla Quinzel for a while, Harley’s Latina cousin Mannequin.

2 Likes

Long Live The Legion launches tomorrow~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like