DC Universe Online

@thebluedragon03 WHAAAAAATTT!?

Um beg your pardon I gotta go take my PS4 out.

Nah, but seriously, thank you. I may just get it unless I need x amount of memory that I don’t have or if it’s an online game cuz I don’t have PS+ or whatever the online service is called. [×]

2 Likes

12 month subscription is like $60, which is a hell of a deal for a full year, and it doesn’t take up that much memory really, and they added in a ton of chapters and have a decent number of powers that you can choose from now.

I’m on there every now and then.

2 Likes

DCUO started their annual St. Patrick’s Day Event and I found a use for the new eyebrow style item they’re offering…
2000_5e472d267e16e
Julie Newmar’s Catwoman

7 Likes

nicely done with Catwoman!

1 Like

Apparently, from now until April 15 all episodes are free to play for those who dont have a subscription. Your character will need the coinciding Combat Rating for each episode. But its double Mark’s across all content, so leveling up will be a breeze (comparatively). Its their way of helping to keep people indoors. Now is the time to try it out if you havent.

6 Likes

Wow, I totally forgot about this game! I played it when it first came out on PS3. I had spotty internet back then so I moved onto something else. I was looking to get back into an MMO type game too given the current state of reality - I tried out Phantasy Star Online 2 today but it didn’t quite fully scratch that itch. I thought maybe WOW classic but I’m afraid that will just make me too nostalgic/sad. This on the otherhand might be it! I’m going to give it a shot on Xbox if any one is interested.

2 Likes

Wow! Dude I’ve been waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2 to come to America forever! I stopped checking for updates because I just assumed it was never coming! How did I miss this? Oh but it’s only out on Xbox right now. Have to wait for Windows 10 still :frowning_face:

I need to play some DCU, I installed it like 2 weeks ago but it’s not keeping my attention. :pensive:

2 Likes

It can get repetitive, especially the leveling up to 30 journey. It’s better when you have a subscription because of the loot increase and the “free” marketplace money. I pay for a month, grind for “source marks” the whole time then, I’m usually done until the next dlc.
Free stuff helps, everyone enter code “faceyourfear” for a free chroma material or “seizethethrone” for some Aquaman swag. Use the code in the dcuo marketplace. They worked as of 3/21/2020 :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m enjoying PSO2 the more I play - it kind of throws you into the fire a bit too soon, it took me a bit to figure out that some of the tutorials occur after the Prologue and you have to continue to get the missions from someone in the hub. The battle system is a lot of fun so if DC online doesn’t hook me, I’ll probably be sinking some hours into that. (also, as solely an Xbox guy due to financial constraints, it is nice to not be left out on a game that looked fun for once, console/PC exclusivity sucks).

3 Likes

Who still plays DCUO?

3 Likes

I do.

3 Likes

every once in a while ill play to speed around like the flash!

3 Likes

just started it in quarantine.

2 Likes

Thanks pal! This is good to know. I always wish I had the disposable income to skip ahead, maybe now is my chance!

1 Like

Been considering grabbing this on Nintendo Switch. The only thing holding me back was the size of the game. I recently upgraded to a 400GB sd card so that is no longer an issue. Might download it this weekend, any good tips and tricks for new players coming to the game? What’s your overall opinion of the game?

1 Like

Reading this threads making me want to download it again on ps4 or pc and jump back in lol

1 Like

Haven’t played in ages, been wanting to start back up.

1 Like

Used to play this all time on ps4 but some of their changes rubbed me wrong way so stoppedvplaying. Interested in coming back though

2 Likes

DUDE!!!
Thank you so much! I thought those items (the Aquaman Emblem and the seafoam aura) were a limited time deal that were only good for when Water was first released!
I believed I missed my chance at them because My PS3 wasn’t downloading the updates that summer (I kept getting a corrupted data error on my PS3 and support was no help.) by the time I got a PS4 and got back in the game I believed my chance at getting those particular items were long gone!

(actually the code is only good for one go and the items are not yet style unlockables… so decide carefully which character you want to redeem them on!

3 Likes

Still interested in beginner tips, kind of waiting to see how lively this thread is before i download.

EDIT:I downloaded the game, feel free to @ me if you want to play on Nintendo Switch!

2 Likes