DC UNIVERSE Is Becoming DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, Your New Premiere Comic Subscription Service, January 2021!

Yep, those people have the patience of saints for dealing with what they have to deal with.

Some people are actually nice about their concerns. Most aren’t. Hell, how many people have we seen in this thread who are just commenting for the first time just to be pains?

5 Likes

:astonished: :astonished:

3 Likes

Will all the video content be on HBO max

1 Like

Now the truth has been revealed, I had a feeling this would happen and I’m so happy. I get Hbo Max free, through Hbo subscription. So I am excited to spend my money on the comics and community I love.

4 Likes

No details on these show just yet, but are hoping that we will have more information in the future.

3 Likes

Though personally I feel like this is such a joyous occasion! I am beyond excited for Harley Quinn Season 3 and DCU Infinite! :dancing_women:

6 Likes

It shows they care. In fact, when someone is posting for the first time to vent their frustration, we’ll look at it even more closely.

8 Likes

Not going to lie, the video content (older stuff and Stargirl) were big draws for me. I’ll give it a few months into the new year, but if I don’t see an improvement in content, I’m gone. Much as I enjoy rereading old comic books, a yearly subscription (or even a monthly one) is a big pill to swallow for someone who is disabled and living on social security. HBOMax is right out. Guess I won’t be privy to the continuing adventures of Stargirl. I can’t afford yet another streaming service. Way to make your customers feel unappreciated, guys.

6 Likes

I think what’s going unstated here is that if this move didn’t happen, we might never have gotten a Harley Quinn Season 3. Or Doom Patrol. Or Titans, for that matter. Not that anyone will ever confirm that, but I think it’s important to remember it’s likely the case.

9 Likes

We appreciate you

6 Likes

Long time no see, dapayperboy! I’m happy to hear you’re looking forward to the changes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wait, the HBO Max deal only lasts six months?

4 Likes

You will be able to watch stargirl, for free, the day after it airs, on the CW website, or live on CW

2 Likes

My biggest concern is the loss of the wonderful material like B: TAS and even the lovely 1950s Superman series. I don’t know where I’ll ever find those again all together. Honestly, the older/animated shows and movies were the main factor in my subscription. I don’t watch the new original shows, although I’ve tried, but they’re just not for me.

On the bright side, the community is nice (although I’m terrible at socializing!) and I think the changes in terms of comics availability and content will help offset the loss of other content. The price of DCU is already good, so it’s nice to see that there were some thoughtful choices on how continue making it worthwhile. Definitely stoked for the comics upgrades!

7 Likes

tenor

5 Likes

I am sorry that this is a blow for folks who were enjoying our video content- but one small solace I can offer is that Stargirl on the CW is available for free on CW Seed.

11 Likes

I shouldn’t have to “add” anything if im a paying customer just like you

5 Likes

That is correct. This isn’t to say there won’t be more deals in the future, but this one is 6 months.

4 Likes

I guess that’s one positive for Stargirl moving to CW. I’m with you on the HBO Max shows, but at least the CW is free! Watch live or I think they usually have the episode on their free app for a few weeks after the airing. That’s how I tend to watch Arrowverse shows. There are commercials, but I just use them as snack/bathroom breaks.

Looking at the current situation I’m glad CW got in on some of the DCU shows. I’d rather it there than HBO for my own financial reasons. Though I think DC CW shows will go to Max after the season ends in the future instead of Netflix, but that’s just something I heard offhand a while ago. I’ll just keep up to date on the CW!

3 Likes

If you already have an HDMI chord, that works, even if it is inconvenient.

6 Likes