DC Universe Infinite Release Notes - "The Third One" - May 20th, 2021

This is a nice improvement. I have a couple pieces of feedback….

1. “Add to library”. You’re getting close, but you’re not quite there. We still need a basic library feature that allows you to sort by READ and UNREAD. I hate to mention Marvel but they have this feature down perfectly….lemme add a title to my library. Let me see all UNREAD library titles, sorted by publication date. When I read each, flag it and drop it from that UNREAD sort. Because you don’t have this basic function, I’m forced to add titles to a “to be read” list and I have to move them to “read” lists to keep track of them. It’s a huge pain. Again this should be simple….all library titles, all read library titles, all unread titles. Three sorts. Basic stuff.

2. Removing a title from a list is making the app crash, intermittently, on my 2020 iPad Air on ios 14.5.1

3. The lists are taking time to load….the screen goes black for several seconds before the thumbnails render.

Thanks for listening.

5 Likes

@mitchgo Welcome back to the community and thank you for your suggestions as well as letting us know about the issues you are facing. I’ll note all of this down for sure.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is related to the new app update, but as of last night, the app is crashing repeatedly on my Android tablet. I suspect it has something to do with bad data in the new releases section, as it seems to do it when scrolling through there. If I click on a comic that is visible (such as Batman Fortnite #4), I can read it. I can browse on the all books screen. It’s only when trying to scroll the list of new releases that the app dies.

I did try clearing cache and app data already. As soon as I log back in and touch that new release list, the app crashes.

1 Like

iOS version on iPad Pro will not open. It starts splash screen then crashes. Removed and redownloaded, restarted iPad, same problems.

1 Like

Hi @Grenadier and @MichaelA.Wagner - I’ve passed this information up to the team, but could you both also send a ticket on over to customer service with as many details as you can provide?

You can reach customer support here: http://yourdcu.com/submit

Please note: Customer support is experiencing a high volume of support tickets, for this reason, responses will be delayed.

2 Likes

Looks someone fixed it. App no longer crashing on Android.

2 Likes

Oh glad to hear it!

1 Like

I sent to support with video

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks so much!

1 Like

iOS 14.7.1 appears as though the triple vertical dots menu no longer contains “Mark As Unread”. I’m operating on iPad and iPhone with neither listing this feature. Has it been removed or do I need to access from an alternate location?

*Update: I found it via My DC > Library > Comic History.

Is it possible to add this to the multiple reading areas on the app? It’s cumbersome to dig up a comic, begin “reading” (spoilers if you’re not the one who originally read it) - only to add to the beginning of the Comic History list, exit, “Mark As Unread”, then re-enter to start from page 1.

The alternate option is entering the comic and flipping back to page 1 manually. It does not retain the place once you’ve exited without flipping through a few pages “reading” and is Spoiler Central!

1 Like

I’ve sent this request to the team! Thanks :heart:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so much @LastSon0fMars!

1 Like

I just joined the service today and right away I’m disappointed to see lists aren’t/can’t be sorted by publication date. I’d love an easy way to read a large chunk of weekly books in the order they came out. Any possibility this could be added, maybe along with other sort options within lists?

4 Likes

Hey @IrregularMatt, welcome to the community! Thank you for the feedback regarding these two possible features - I’ve added them to our list for the team to take a look at. :grinning:

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything or have any further suggestions! :+1:

3 Likes

Great suggestion, @IrregularMatt!

:wave: :grinning: Welcome to the DCU Community - way to be vocal on the first day!

1 Like

Yah, we’ve been asking for that enhancement since the app was released. Still waiting…

3 Likes

This site has honestly been getting increasingly unusable on mobile and it’s very frustrating. In at least PMs (not noticing it here, but the issue is intermittent) there’s a huge issue on multiple devices where the navigation bar at the top will just keep flickering in and out of existence, moving the rest of the page up and down. It makes typing responses very hard, and checking notifications nearly impossible. Meanwhile, logging in on mobile keeps failing randomly with “unknown error.” The search feature also seems to keep getting worse, missing a bunch of messages with keywords in them and limiting output for common keywords. Tech support tickets about it seem to go into the aether. I understand the difficulty of doing ticket triage with limited resources but it’s increasingly feeling like mobile browser experience is just a non-priority and it’s very frustrating.

Something with changing names also seems… off. I changed my name to “mysterious_strang3er” for like a millisecond in order to get an icon change to take (since I’ve had issues with icon changes not taking without doing that) and then immediately changed it back, yet for some reason just about every post which quotes me – specifically those made well before the username change – now cite me as “mysterious_strang3er.” It’s like it tried to retroactively update my name but didn’t change back appropriately.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re feeling like mobile support has been completely left out. I can understand how that experience could get frustrating and will definitely note it down on our list of pain points.

As for your username, it seems to have gone back to the original mysterious_stranger universally across the forums, but I’ll definitely note the issue of having to change your username before a pfp change can take place :thinking:

I appreciate you coming over and letting us know how you’re feeling. It’s important everyone shares their thoughts and suggestions about this platform so we can make it better continually. If you ever have any more suggestions, you can leave them here → DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

3 Likes

Thanks for the response!

I should clarify, it’s changed back, but some messages which quoted me have the wrong username. I’m mostly seeing it in some PMs I have with some friends, so it’s a little hard to link an example, but as a screenshot of what I mean:

This post which quotes me was initially made when my username was mysterious_stranger (specifically, January 19th). This response which quoted me originally attributed the quote to “mysterious_stranger.”

Then I changed it to mysterious_strang3er very briefly (I believe it was January 22), and this existing message actually updated the quoted part to show the new name.

After changing my name back to mysterious_stranger, it did not change back. It’s quite strange.

(As for the icon change, for the sake of the tech team, I’ll clarify that the issue is that changing the icon does not show the new icon on the community until the username change is done; it does update on dcuniverseinfinite.com itself fine, but as no one else really sees your icon there, it’s not super useful.)

2 Likes

Hmm, that’s definitely odd. I wonder if the server is just taking its sweet time updating that value, or maybe got totally confused! Thanks for the heads up, I’ll keep an eye out

2 Likes