DC Universe Infinite Release Notes - "The Third One" - May 20th, 2021

Our latest update, code-named The Third One, comes chock full of usability enhancements. Through long-press option menus peppered globally throughout the site, you can now add items to your library, custom lists, as well as other convenient features anywhere you see a comic issue, series, or collection thumbnail. We also added accessibility features to the web for a more inclusive experience.

We’ll be continuing to work on many feature updates and improvements based on the feedback you’ve been providing since the launch of DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, so please be sure to keep sharing your thoughts! :brain:

The “Long Press” Function

iOS

• Added global overflow menu
    (Meaning, a menu that is prevalent throughout the app)
  • Added “long press” function to expand menus, and ellipses expand menu
  • Updated the look and feel of the list creation modal
    (Modal = Structure/interface)
  • Implemented unified “toast” module for save to list/library feedback
  • Added share buttons for all comic content
    Share comics to your social channels or send to friends via text and e-mail!
  • Updated images used for collection thumbs
  • Added issue numbers back to comic issue thumbnail metadata
  • Fixed ordering/reordering visual bug on user lists :bug:
  • Updated home page mastheads to include description text

ANDROID

• Added “long press” function to expand menus, and ellipses expand menu
  • Added share buttons for all comic content, and added consistency to all buttons on mastheads
  • Fixed app crashes
  • Re-implemented trending search terms
  • Fixed bug where screen orientation flips and resets comic browse experience :bug:
  • Added Get To Know and Showcase to search results

WEB

• Tweaked the library view to separate content by content type
  • Added share buttons for all comic content, and added consistency to all buttons on mastheads
  • Fixed login redirect between DCUI and community
  • Updated collection thumb look and feel
  • Added additional accessibility features
  • Updated ‘book complete’ event behavior

Have you noticed any of these changes? Let us know what your favorite updates are in the comments below! :point_down:t3:

22 Likes

Nice updates! Makes it easier to navigate my library now. I need to reorganize a little, add some shelves :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

welcome, @kameronniko5.49189! and welcome, global overflow menu!

4 Likes

Awesome™:+1: update
Definitely more helpful with my list making and organization.

2 Likes

Just wanted to copy this over here as something that can hopefully be added/fixed in the next update.

Adding comic issues to lists on the website has become excruciatingly slow for me ever since the thumbnails were added to the “Add To” box. I mean, it looks pretty, but functionally it leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for looking into it.

2 Likes

Thanks @KookieSuperApe for the mentioning this pain point. I added it to our list when you mentioned it in that thread, so hopefully it’s something that won’t be bothering you & other users for too much longer. Of course I can’t promise anything, but I can indeed always hope for the best!

3 Likes

I have uninstalled and installed the app again, using version 3.1.2(#16065)[PROD] [OS11] on my Samsung Tab S6 Lite. The long-press menu does not work and honestly, I cannot tell any difference in the app. Not sure if this is the update?

2 Likes

Heya @D4RK5TARZ, thank you for the feedback and I’m sorry you’re having that issue with the long press function. I suggest that you submit a ticket into our Customer Support team concerning this if you have not already. :frowning: also, going into the actual application settings in android and clearing out all cache + data and then doing the uninstall → reinstall process might just resolve the problem. Try that before you submit your ticket, and definitely let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

I am at 0 mb in my cache and I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Is 3.1.2 the newest version?

2 Likes

Hmm, you know my app (android) says 3.1.2 as well but the update was from the 5th of April and I don’t see anything about the long-press in the what’s new description. I’m thinking it’s possible the android update hasn’t rolled out yet on google play, but I’ll check with someone and we will get back to you to let you know what’s going on. Sorry for the confusion!

4 Likes

That makes sooo much more sense!!! I also noticed there wasn’t an update for the app in my update section which is why I moved on to uninstall and reinstall.

1 Like

Nifty! I look forward to the update as it becomes available for me (which it currently isn’t, last I looked, as of this writing).

2 Likes

Just checked on my Android device and the update appears to be there for me. Can anyone double check in Google Play and confirm? May have just been a delayed update.

2 Likes

Looks like mine updated early this morning on Android.

2 Likes

I’m seeing 3.2 on my Android! Give it about 4-5 days to roll out to 100% across all devices. I had to force update from Google Play, for what it’s worth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How would one go about forcing an update?

1 Like

I went to the Google Play store, looked up DCUI, and it had a wee “update” button I smashed, thusly:
tenor (2)

2 Likes

Ah!!! It all makes sense now! I don’t have the update button. However, I did just opt into to the beta version of the app!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for your continued support and bug fixes! I’m using a new phone with Android 10 and everything looks very smooth. I added a shortcut to the community on my homepage :sunglasses:

1 Like

@D4RK5TARZ Ah, well just watch out for the actual update (as AJ said hopefully around 4-5 days for 100% rollout to all devices) so you can make sure you update to the newest version :slight_smile: of course if you want to keep using the beta version, that’s up to you!

@iJest Yay :partying_face: All credit goes to our technical team, I’m sure haha. & of course our community letting us know what to add and fix! Glad you’re enjoying it, my friend.

3 Likes