DC Universe “Harvey Dent” Release Notes: August, 2019

Our August update is named after Harvey Dent, Gotham’s prominent District Attorney, who fought valiantly to uphold the law. In his honor, we had two main focuses: improving the user experience and attacking bugs. We now appeal to more videophiles, with 4K SDR Chromecast support, and answered the plea for better recommendations after watching content. This release we focused on enforcing proper Comic Download Limits on iOS and catching Web up to the New Masthead design we see on mobile, today for content, and a more useful Dive Back In row.

:sparkles:NEW FEATURES​:sparkles:

:apple: :iphone:iOS​:iphone: :apple:
Comic Download Limits: Books that have been downloaded will only be available for up to 30 days while offline

:globe_with_meridians:Web​:globe_with_meridians:
New Mastheads
Chromecast 4K SDR support

:construction_worker_man:t4:ENHANCEMENTS :construction_worker_man:t4:

:apple: :iphone:iOS​:iphone: :apple:
-Optimized UI on Video Hub, Collection Details, Comic Hub, Comic Detail Screens (correct spacing, cleaner thumbnails etc)
-Enable Quiet Notifications support for iOS v12

:bug: Bug Fixes :bug:
-Fixed Encyclopedia sometimes showing no content
-Fixed incorrect Total Space Used under MyDC → Settings
-Fixed inconsistent Download Quality ordering under MyDC → Settings
-Fixed clicking on a Series from Home Hub and going back automatically scrolls user to bottom of Home Hub
-Fixed out of memory crashes (Part 2)

:space_invader: :iphone:Android​:iphone: :space_invader:
-Investigate users not being able to access downloaded books when offline
-Aspect ratio button should zoom instead of stretch
-Play/pause button is mismatched
-Fixed crash when trying to view Comic Series in a List
-Fixed out of memory errors

:fire::tv: FireTV :tv: :fire::space_invader::tv: ATV :tv: :space_invader: :video_game:Xbox :video_game:
-We will now show the next episode or book in a series if a user has completed the previous, instead of showing 100% completion on the previous item
-You can now autoplay content in a Storyline, allowing you to watch or read content in a collection in the order of the Storyline, instead of the order of the Series
-All: Dive Back In Row now suggests the next Episode and/or Book in a Series

ALL:
-Fixed category row focus issues on Home screen
-Fixed preview Clips not playing and missing thumbnail image
-Episode info shifts in Video Player after watching a few episodes

XBOX:
-Fixed no “Up Next/Keep Reading” display at the end of a book

:globe_with_meridians:Web​:globe_with_meridians:
-Community 2.0 Preparation

TL;DR - Gotham still has a chance to be a better place.

9 Likes

“Harvey, Harvey Dent! Excuse me, I want to drive!”

Thanks for the update(s).

4 Likes

“-Community 2.0 Preparation”

:grimacing:

4 Likes

“We will now show the next episode or book in a series if a user has completed the previous, instead of showing 100% completion on the previous item” / “All: Dive Back In Row now suggests the next Episode and/or Book in a Series”.

FYI, as of last night, this isn’t working right on Roku. It’s showing the issue/episode I already completed in the Dive Back In row.

3 Likes

I believe in Harvey Dent.

4 Likes

Downloaded books only last 30 days. Makes sense. I’m glad to pay for the service, but I was wondering the other day if you could join for a month, download a thousand comics and just read those for the next year. Guess not. Makes sense.

1 Like

I noticed that DC Daily now offers me the next episode in my Favorites on Roku instead of always e202. Thanks! Also, any other updates on Roku?

1 Like

Just a quick follow-up on my comment from yesterday: The Dive Back In for episodes/videos is working correctly on Roku, but for comic issues it’s not. I have to go to page 2 of the next issue that I want to read to get it to register in my Dive Back In list. Otherwise, it stays stuck on the last issue that I just finished reading. Thanks.

1 Like

“Ha ha! Another day of wine and roses. Or in your case, beer and pizza!”

“If The Bat wants to play, we’ll play!”

channels Audrey Hepburn’s Eliza Doolittle I loves me some Harvey Dent I does.

2 Likes

What exactly is community 2.0?