DC Universe "Earth-2" Release Notes: May, 2019

Greetings, citizens of the DC Universe!

We’ve been working hard to roll out this month’s update, and you should see it populating your devices throughout the week.

Two important notes to bear in mind before you read on:

*The resolution toggle that is missing from some devices will be fixed in the next few weeks, on a separate update. Expect by early June.

*This update releases front-end support that sets the stage for our big comics organization update. You will see widespread fixes to the comics within a few short weeks after Earth-2 is done rolling out.

:iphone:ANDROID (released)
With this release, we’ve made a ton of fixes to improve comic streaming performance, content organization, and more. Key fixes in this release include:

*Faster page loading for comic reading.
*Comic download speeds improved.
*The ability to select HD or SD quality for comic downloads in “Settings.”
*You can now see comic series that you saved in your lists.

:iphone:iOS (released)
With this release we’ve made a ton of fixes to improve comic streaming performance, content organization, and more. Ke y fixes in this release include:
*Improved performance for comic series with a large number of issues.

:tv: Android TV (released)
Start watching your favorite DC Universe Original shows like you had Bruce Wayne money – Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing (premiering 5/31) are now available in 4K HDR on compatible devices.
We’ve squashed a bunch of bugs and included a couple of cool new features:
*Added a “Read Now” button at the end of books so you can quickly jump to the next issue.
*Added an new icon to let you know when 4K resolution is available on a video.

:tv: tvOS (released)
Start watching your favorite DC Universe Original shows like you had Bruce Wayne money – Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing (premiering 5/31) are now available in 4K HDR on compatible devices.
Additionally, you can now view clips, trailers, and bonus content where available.

:tv: FireTV (rolling out, TBD)
We’ve squashed a bunch of bugs and included a couple of cool new features:
*Added a “Read Now” button at the end of books so you can quickly jump to the next issue.
*Added a new icon to let you know when 4K resolution is available on a video.

:tv: Roku (rolling out, TBD)
In addition to squashing a bunch of bugs, we’ve added a new icon to show when 4K resolution is available on a video.

Please allow the updates to fully roll out to recognize the applied improvements. Thank you!

19 Likes

Any word on the PlayStation app yet?

1 Like

@Darccide, no word at this time. Keep hope alive!

5 Likes

:notes:Things are getting better all the time​:notes:

4 Likes

Awesome updates! Any word on when the various content tabs (community, news, encyclopedia, shop) & “my dc” content will become available on the various tv-type apps? Thanks!

1 Like

@macdad34.93097, we haven’t yet started digging into getting those features on the tv-type apps, as they are web-supported tools. But we do hope to evolve in that direction in the future!

3 Likes

What i want on DCU:
Nolan trilogy
Constantine (yes there is a movie)
DCEU movies
Swamp Thing Movie/show
More animated movies
But most importantly
BRING BACK CONSTANTINE SHOW!!!

1 Like

Oh yeah and also add the Watchmen comics and the movie if its possible. And also Sandman and Lucifer comics

2 Likes

Unfortunately the update isn’t live for me yet. I’m on android

1 Like

Looking forward to the shiny update(s).

Thanks DCU =)

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Now I can go through Action and Detective smoothly…

1 Like

So is 4K going to be available on all compatible devices soon? Is it available on Xbox one X now?

2 Likes

I sure hope Roku will eventually get Lists.
I have been saving comics to read in their own lists, but I’m stuck reading on the computer because on the Roku I have to search for each comic or just put everything in ‘Favorites’ (the only list on the Roku).

And reading on comics on the tv is too good to pass up.

3 Likes

“And reading comics on the tv is too good to pass up.”

1 Like

Living this app…awesome…

1 Like

I appreciate the status update.

1 Like

Just to confirm as a Roku TV user for DCU, I received the 4k update about a week ago :slight_smile: Just in case others are curious for their own reference. And the visual that lets you know appeared in the bottom right I believe, or top right…I can’t remember at the moment lol It said “HDR” and slowly faded out.

2 Likes

Any updates on when the app will be made available on Samsung LG televisions?

No date as of yet, but our team is aware of the want for a Smart TV app. We will be sure to announce to the Community when new platforms are added.

2 Likes

The new update is snazzy. Quite nice, and with a generous helping of razzle dazzle and ring-a-ding ding too.

2 Likes