DC Universe Book Club Week 8: GREEN LANTERN (2011) Issues 1-5

Is it good? Might get it

Dan DiDio on DC daily compared the “feel” of the new Green Lantern to the kind of crazy stuff from the 2000 AD British Science Fiction comics (like Judge Dredd) which basically had kind of a humorous, gross, violent twist on Sci Fi.

2 Likes

I LOVED IT. Morrison does it again. I like the mystery they are setting up.

1 Like

I read Green Lantern 2011 issues 1-5 for this week’s book club. Should I read Grant Morrison too?

GL 2011 is awesome!!! Love Johns’ run SOOO much.

Spoiler discussion kicks off tomorrow at 5PM EST! What’s everyone thinking so far?

@JLWWSM

No Morrison’s Green Lantern isn’t a part of this week’s selection. Just a new release I thought worth mentioning!

@matt thanks!

I loved it and can’t wait to talk about it. I need to read the next volume of this run.

1 Like

Issue Number 20 is the multicolored giant size conclusion of Geoff Johns run

@Mattmcdonald when are more GL comics going to be uploaded??? Apologies if misspelled ur lastname

1 Like

I loved it! Gonna be getting the next volume (s) of this story for sure

It was excellent! Hal Jordan is the best

@edgarinho87

I’m not sure! I’m not a DC employee just a fan who runs this here Book Club.

I’m for sure going to be reading on as well. I think I’m becoming a Green Lantern fan???

Yeah the first 20 issues of Green Lantern New 52 were wonderful what happened after that was a little bit more of a traffic accident but boy the first 20 issue is Whoopi

I mean soon after that Green Lantern becomes the space cowboy or something

Green Lantern around issue #41 - 50, long after the wonder of the Geoff Johns run of #1-20 New 52- aka, the Space Lonesome Cowboy…

1 Like

Don, the only thing your doing is selling me on GL post Johns. The idea of space cowboys rules.

1 Like

Don, the only thing your doing is selling me on GL post Johns. The idea of space cowboys rules.