DC Universe Book Club Week 1 Announcement: Action Comics #866-870

This week DC Universe Book Club will be diving into Brainiac! This is Action Comics issues #866-870. It’s available right here, on DC Universe so get to reading. I’ll post the discussion thread Friday 9/21 at 10 AM EST. Have a great week and I’ll see you guys Friday!

40 Likes

Sounds good!

Just wondering if 10 AM EST is a little too early for people. That is 7:00 on the west coast. I know the stereotype is that we’re all a bunch of overweight losers living in our parents basements and have time on our hands: but I know a lot of the guys at my LCS who actually have full time jobs. Do you think it might be more convenient to have it later?

1 Like

Nice! I’m in!

2 Likes

I’ll join in sometime after 4pm EST when I get off work

1 Like

I’ll join in also. Though it might be a little later

1 Like

I’ll join.

1 Like

I’m in!

1 Like

I’ll join in on the discussion as well. Looking forward to reading those issues since I’ve never read them before.

1 Like

I plan to join as well.

I will join in on the discussion. I already read the first issue, very impressed with the story and art.

1 Like

Sounds fun, but I work. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I actually own this issues and never got to reading them for a second time. Now’s as good a time as any!

1 Like

I can post a conference line number for us to call into if there’s only 10 or less of us on Friday morning. frankly I’ll be at work as well but I can certainly walk away at least 15 minutes for a little fun.

I would suggest having this after work hours but since this would include West Coast that could be past 8 at night Eastern Time

Matt McDonald you may want to make this club maybe on the weekends and later in the day
For the people on the west coast it’s 7 a.m. in the morning as it is now.

Isn’t this the premise of the DCAU film Superman:Unchained

1 Like

What i meant to say was Unbound not Unchained

1 Like

I’ll have to watch that sometime

oh concerning conference lines obviously you younger folks probably would rather use some kind of a web cam thing so just let us know if you want to do something like whatever it is you using for group chat with webcams.

I’m pretty sure that I saw on the Krypton special that this is the story they based their Brainiac off of. Didn’t disappoint at all, it was a really good, short read. Art was amazing and I loved the interactions with Kal and Kara. Some really great stuff on her growing as a hero.

1 Like