DC Universe All-Star Games S1, E5 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Are we sure that’s Bruce Wayne Batman & not really Jason Todd in a batsuit, like battle for the cowl? Hahaha, jk. Another great episode, can’t wait for the final episode, I’ve enjoyed this series so much & I hope it gets a season 2! Also, where the hell is the joker at? He escaped Arkham & hasn’t come for Batman yet?

3 Likes

By the way, who’s to say that mrs tesmacher was actually a human & not some alien in this game with weird psychic powers? Like a Martian? Then Batman wouldn’t have actually killed a person… even though in his younger days in the comics he did kill some criminals…

2 Likes

I enjoyed the episode. The Batman no kill thing is a valid point to an extent, but as others have pointed out while the current mantra is Batman doesn’t kill, there are stories where he has. And this is this show and Xavier woods take on Batman, so I can go with it.

One thing I did notice… they all pointed out they don’t know Carl was Superman they just saw a blur… and mentioned having to “save Carl” but then they never actually tried and apparently in their minds just left him there. I don’t know if that was an error on the players part forgetting they were not supposed to know who Carl was or if they edited something out which I think happens a lot. I get not wanting to do an unedited session but if they do another season they need to work on that.

Also a big error I saw. At 21:53 Sam asked Dina what her (Wonder Woman’s) strength was. They then showed Batman’s card. And she said her strength was a 7, then highlighted the DEXTERITY on BATMAN’S card (which at least was a 7. lol).

I mean not trying to make a huge deal, mistakes happen. But I got to say I was surprised no one caught that one.

But other then those nitpicks it was a fun episode and is cool everyone finally is in their superhero forms. And the Lex Luthor reveal and the Dean not being the villain were some nice twist.

4 Likes

Clare looks like she could be a live action catwoman to me. I think it’s her eyes and high cheek bones and straight face that she has. Like you can’t read her. That was the first character I got right. Wonder Woman was the other. When they said a “red blur” I honestly thought of flash before Superman. And couldn’t even figure out Batman. Anyways. I didn’t know if I would like this show, but I absolutely love it!

5 Likes

Thank you!!! @AlexanderKnox @jonleebrody for spittin facts :rofl:.

I honestly love DC Universe All-Star Games and the character match ups that have been chosen for each person, I personally feel that everyone’s personality fits their character.

:crossed_fingers: for season 2!!!

4 Likes

Thanks so much. I’m so glad you’re liking it. Because we had a blast making it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really enjoy this series and hope it continues!

I didn’t care for Xavier’s attitude of “I MUST KILLLLL!” I know, I know… Batman has intentionally killed before in the past. It’s just that whole moment was offputting imo.

Aside from that one little sour moment, I really do love this series and the cast. If the series gets greenlit for more seasons (fingers crossed!!), I’d like to see less cuts in the editing. As someone else pointed out earlier, we never saw Carl reveal to the crew he was Superman (I thought he was gonna be Flash tbh), nor the crew saving Carl in this episode. Yet they all piled in Tommy’s car and went to Old Arkham together. This is the type of show I’d like to see MUCH longer. At least double in length.

Anyways, that’s my two cents.

2 Likes

Never been that into role playing games but actually really love this cast and have enjoyed this so far! The 80s setting gives a really fun twist! I was able to guess Catwoman and Wonder Woman but the others really surprised me, especially the janitor /the question/lex! And man that cliff hanger XD

3 Likes

I just watched the 5 episodes today while painting minis. It was really nice seeing the Knight Models Arkham Asylum and several of the figures that I have painted and play with regularly.

3 Likes

You know…with a bit more effort, and money tossed into this…this could easily be this platforms version of Critical Role. Just look at the community they have built, the support they have gotten, especially with their kickstarter…just saying! I think this is something to consider, this could be HUGE.

Great episode!! I didn’t suspect Carl of being Superman, but I can totally see it now. No one would suspect Carl for being Superman. I know the game itself takes place in the 1980’s, but the asthma totally reminded me of the asthma of Superman’s son in Superman Returns. Love the reveal of Lex Luthor, Ms. T, and Clayface. Man, I loved Sam and Freddie’s reaction to Batman killing. I was having the same reaction while watching it.

I really enjoyed this show. I’m glad we are getting a bonus episode out of it.

2 Likes

I’m always amazed at the imagination that the team has, especially Xavier Woods. He loves German Suplexing people lol.

Sam is a great host and somehow made the game pretty easy to follow and understand. I’ve never seen or played a game like that so seeing him work the story was impressive.

2 Likes

Another awesome episode.
The story continues and what a great twist. Lick is Lex. Alshley’s MRS. TESSMACHER (had to say it like that) Brooke is Clayface. All my guess were right at least by episode 3. Freedies and Xaviers Supes and Bats friendship is amazing and hilarious. The we’re friends let’s muster scene killed me. Another awesome episode.

Also forgot to mention. I know bats don’t normally kill. But I don’t care. This is Xaviers creativity brutal Batman and it great. Enjoy the creative and freedom of the game. Can’t wait for the secret bonus episode.

I had no idea what to expect from this show, but it’s been such a lovely surprise. :slightly_smiling_face:

Quick question though, why is episode 6 labeled as a “Bonus Episode”? Was the original plan only to have five eps, but then maybe during the editing phase they realized that episode five was going too long, and decided to cut it into a sixth episode or something? Just curious!

Maybe @jonleebrody can give us some insight into the behind-the-scenes of that? :grin:

2 Likes

We can talk when I do my live Q&A next Friday! :grin:

1 Like

Fair enough. :laughing: :+1:

"AlexanderKnoxRenegade Robins Club

I’m just waiting for the “Batman doesn’t kill” outrage."

So as not to disappoint: From the DC Heroes game itself, 2nd Edition. (Reprinted from 1st Edition, reprinted again in the 3rd Edition)
Page 9, blue book: Character Creation. Seeking Justice motivation as explained by Batman.

“I do not kill; my life is committed to erradicating the evil which permits one man to kill another.”
(typos included for accuracy.)

1 Like

As to my actual reply.

I loved this episode. I did think Xavier’s actions were far too gritty and 90s for the setting, but I understand them as well as any Batman fan would. It is a temptation to take a dangerous lunatic off the board permanently before they can cause yet more damage. I think maybe his intense explanation directly at the camera might also have been a little much, but you can clearly see his WWE training in that. Mug for the camera. It’s what you do and we love you for it Xavier.
Storywise I was expecting Superman. I was expecting Clayface. I was not expecting Luthor or Miss Tessmacher. The curves we’ve been getting tossed at us are impressive, leaving us fans and viewers to offer up so many potential theories that just on those alone, DC has the potential for at least three more of these shows.

I can’t wait to find out how that roll turns out. Second set of non-snake eyes doubles, and the best roll so far this game. It’s going to be impressive. Hopefully the next episode will wrap up what the whole Lex-Plan was.

I’m not sure I would ever describe The Question’s outfit as a ‘zoot suit’ even back in his Charlton days, though this isn’t even Vic Sage (I wonder if the real Question will show up in episode 6?). In what thrift store did Lex even find such an ensemble?

I like the hint that there could be consequences for Batman using lethal force since part of his character is his code against killing; though that seems like an empty threat if there’s no long-term campaign.