DC Universe All-Star Games S1, E4 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

When they got their new character sheets their stats all changedā€¦ so Wonder Womanā€™s Stats are obviously better than Dinahā€™s etc etc, so Iā€™m guessing Cat woman has way more hero points than Katie didā€¦ if that helps answer your question on that?

Also, not sure if you saw my post about the character ages, but on the live q&a with Sam, he confirmed that Bruce Wayne was only 21 in this story & the rest of the characters are their ages in the game, so Cat woman is a sophomore, Wonder Woman is a junior & if Carl turns out to be Superman or flash, heā€™ll be a freshmanā€¦ he said Bruce Wayne pulled a 21 jump street lolā€¦

The kids might have vertigo in their system and kneel before rod Reminded me of gorilla grod

Welcome to the community @Jacoblakoff.89281! Interesting thoughts. Yeah, itā€™s going to be fun seeing how it all plays out in the next episode with the other reveals and mysteries left to figure out. :exploding_head: :smile:

My thoughts are in that thinking as well as I also mentioned that in my comment ha ha ha. :superman_hv_1: :flash_hv_4:

Wait I am confused, the other characters are their ageS? So Catwoman and Wonder Woman are all under 18?

Although yeah if Batman is 21 he could have passed for a high school student.

Just how long do you suppose he held onto that ā€œKneel before Rod!ā€ joke? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Awesome episode.

The fight scene was amazing and the reveals were great. Fri. The window to the vent fall and wonder man staying with Carl to spin out fighting very awesome.

That bat duplex was great seems like heā€™s going for the more brutal Batman. Enjoyed the minifigs for the visuals.

And Zod at the end was great.

Carl has to be Sups heā€™s the only one missing from the trinity but what does this have to do with Jokers escape.

Ok, seriously, I was already going to write this about the last several episodes, but I had NO IDEA just how fun it was going to be to watch other people playing a tabletop game. Like, this show gets me amazingly excited. Its the first thing that has genuinely made me want to go play a hardcore(nerd) role-playing game (and many friends have tried to get me to) but ESPECIALLY this game.
And I have to say, its especially cool to have Xavier using his real knowledge of martial arts/wrestling combined his own imaginativeness while playing this game. It just elevates this. That said, everyone in this is just a delight. And trust me, I rarely use that word. Its delightful!

5 Likes

Actually this game is right from BEFORE Crisis, which was in 1985. Thatā€™s so fresh in my memory because Iā€™m currently reading the event lol.

1 Like

1984 is right before Crisis but I think the DC Heroes RPG Game came out in 1985, but maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s what Sam said on the live q&aā€¦ this is basically an original story that he made up, with the 80ā€™s themes thrown inā€¦

I canā€™t wait for episode 5 to drop! Iā€™m thinking that with Freddieā€™s character (Carl) being slammed through a wall & thrown into a bunch of arcade machines that he has to be 1 of two characters, especially with the red blur hint we gotā€¦ Superman could definitely take that kind of punishment, shrug it off & get back into the fight, along with the kneel before rod line (kneel before Zod) Zod being one of Supermanā€™s more powerful enemies, it could make senseā€¦ also, the flash does have accelerated healing abilities & Sam gave the other players 3 rounds of turns to save Carl, I guess it could be conceivable that the flash could heal enough during those 3 rounds to get back into the fight as long as he didnā€™t suffer any major injuries like a broken leg or arm, etcā€¦ I know from the comics & tv shows, it would take him about 3-6 hours to heal a broken leg, soooā€¦ who are you guys leaning towards? Superman? Flash? Or someone else? I saw both Superman & flash miniā€™s on the table last week, along with several other charactersā€¦

1 Like

I do love this show,but one question. Why do the players not know there true identities until some point during the game? I understand the other players not knowing who you are,but was Wonder Woman so deep undercover she forgot who she was?!?

Donā€™t forget, Captain Marvel also can move really fast, and wears all red.

Okay, thatā€™s a bit weird, but the GM has last say. Again, if it was me, Iā€™d just use New Teen Titan characters and/or others of the appropriate age.

My favorite reveal of this episode, Batman has black skin!