DC Universe All-Star Games S1, E1 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Our first episode of our new RPG show featuring DC Heroes, Classic 80s, The Breakfast League, has finally premiered and brought with it fun, laughter, and a nice little cliffhanger at the end. Bet you didn’t expect that!

If you haven’t watched episode 1 yet, make sure you do then come back here and let us know what you thought!

12 Likes

Really enjoyed this - great job to all involved!! The 1980s video footage was hilarious. :rofl:

8 Likes

I really liked this show. And great to see FPJR after all these years. Xavier Woods kills it as the trouble maker and ready for another episode.

7 Likes

Not a bad first episode. Really enjoyed all the 80’s references.

5 Likes

I enjoyed it and I’m excited for episode 2 but what exactly did this have to do with DC? don’t get me wrong it was awesome. Just wasn’t expecting the whole detention breakfast club vibe

5 Likes

I was nervous about the length and it was really short, but part of that is editing, and otherwise I really enjoyed it so far. The GM was good, the players gelled, the production values were solid, and there are some cool mysteries for next time.

I haven’t learned the character names yet, but I don’t it’s as obvious as everyone was making it out to be in the watchalong that the character with the lockpicking skill is Catwoman. How and why would Selina - presumably an adult - infiltrate high school detention? It doesn’t really seem to add up.

4 Likes

Had no idea Fred Jones from Scooby Doo was going to be playing the game. I’m so happy. Watching Freddy Prinze Jr get bullied in 80s slang is really funny. We suspect that the main characters are mind-wiped teen superheroes as the last scene suggested. -B & C

4 Likes

This is the lowest post count I’ve seen for a debut episode of DCU originals. Yikes!!!

I don’t think this one is for everyone. I really enjoyed it though. I am anxiously awaiting episode 2 to find out who the characters really are. After all, it is a DC show…

1 Like

Where was that 80s footage from?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was gonna say. The whole time I was waiting for somebody to quote a line from breakfast club. I would’ve been kicked out for nonstop quotes.

2 Likes

I never thought I would enjoy watching people play an RPG. I loved it tho. I’ll definitely keep watching.

3 Likes

It will probably have more DC influence in the later episodes.

I think some of the characters might be revealed to be DC characters at the end.

I thought the episode was fun to watch and am looking forward to more.

1 Like

Not a big RPG person but this was fun. The story is interesting and the mystery is great. The cast is awesome. Really enjoy how they’re acting it all out. Definitely think she’s Catwoman. A very fun and unique series.

2 Likes

I actually enjoyed this episode. Excited for more episodes. Had me laughing throughout. This was fun!

2 Likes

If anybody want to discuss the mystery behind Katie’s true identity in more detail, head here: DC Universe: All Star Games - Katie's True Identity? (Spoiler Thread)

1 Like

They did a really good job! I love they are explaining the actual rules to the game! Good fun. Man I hope this is all leading to a reprint or updated version of the DC Heroes RPG!

1 Like

Wow, massive nostalgia trip! '80s, DC Heroes RPG, and good old-fashioned face-to-face gaming! It’s obvious they’re all having a really good time. Makes me want to start gaming again!

1 Like

I just seen they are adding a 6th episode. It was advertised as a 5 episode series. I wonder if they are going to keep adding episodes. It would be cool if they did.

1 Like

And I can’t believe it took me this long to get this… I was a bit surprised at the rather cheesy titles, and then I realized it was CUTTING-EDGE '80s video tech!! Nicely done!