DC TV & Movie Club-Superman II Watch Along

download

The @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club is doing a Christopher Reeve Superman watch along every month and this month we are doing Superman II. In this sequel of the acclaimed Superman: The Movie, watch Christopher Reeve take to the skies once again for Truth, Justice, and The American Way as Superman! But here comes Kal El’s greatest threat yet, General Zod! Can the man of steel take down this new villain and his two Kryptonian underlings or will the son of Jor El kneel before Zod? Unless you’re trapped in the phantom zone come and see Sunday October 11th for the next thrilling adventure of Superman.

Oh yeah Clark Kent is in this too. Always forget about that guy, completely unremarkable.

This is how you can join in:

WHO: You!
WHAT: Superman II
WHERE: DC Universe! We will be doing the discussion portion of the Watch Along Below!
WHEN: Sunday, October 11th @12pm PST/3pm EST
WHY: To be closer as a community and watch this amazing movie together
HOW: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Superman II
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone or computer for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s 12:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the movie.

Hope to see you all there!!!

Note: We are not watching the Donner Cut. That is not the version on DC Universe so we would be excluding those without it if we did watch it. Many people (including me) think that it is a better version overall but Superman II is still amazing if you watch the theatrical cut so come join us. We can also talk about the differences of the two versions and why people might prefer one over the other.

5 Likes

So this is Planet Houston, a strange surface.:grin:
I’m tempted to post more movie qoutes, guess I better not spoil it!LOL!

3 Likes

Out of context movie quotes are highly encouraged always. There aren’t really too many things to spoil in this movie anyway.

1 Like

Please sir…
General!
Please General, please put my Daddy down!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Such a classic quote

1 Like

Well, if I must watch the Richard Lester Cut, it’s best that I watch it with others. That way, I can laugh at it instead of yelling at it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe keep that spirit for next few months when we do the back half of the movies. For the record I prefer the donner cut too. The whole Paris missile thing is so unnecessary when last movie set it up and was made to set it up. That and other issues I have that are so much better in donner cut. This version is good too though.

2 Likes

Today is the day!!! Super excited to watch this with the best darn community evers!

1 Like

Yep. Less than 3 hours

if i’m not here, sound the alarms

1 Like

I’d like to join in, I live in Texas, so I’m guess mine starts at 2:00?
Anyways, how exactly do you do this? Do we just discuss it here or what?
Sorry, I’ve never done one of these with ya’ll
thanks,

1 Like

@bigblock66, you will watch the movie on your own chosen device, but then have another device opened to this chat thread and post away your comments, thoughts, etc. while watching away.

3 Likes

Sounds good. Thank you @CassTheStreet

2 Likes

30 minutes!!!

1 Like

do we comment on here?

2 Likes

Yes. And you start the movie at the top of the hour on the second so we’re all synced up. I recommend two separate devices

2 Likes

this is gonna be the first one of these i’ve ever done.
i’m excited. especially since its for superman too.
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah. It’ll be great.

2 Likes

starts in just over 15 minutes

3 Likes

https://www.dcuniverse.com/videos/watch/superman-ii/f6e46d71-97ea-4508-b14b-a518cc6db92e/movies

2 Likes