DC TV & Movie Club - Batman: Mask of the Phantasm Watch Along

The @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club is celebrating our return with four epic watch along over the months of September and October. We’ve done the Man of Steel, the Amazing Amazon, and the Justice League. Now we finish off with the Dark Knight himself, Batman with the animated movie Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Join us on October 30th, the two year anniversary of the start of the DC TV & Movie Club to enjoy this absolutely incredible film.

Here is how you can join in:

WHO: You!
WHAT: The animated movie Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which can be found on HBO Max.
WHERE: We will be doing the discussion portion of the Watch Along Below!
WHEN: Saturday, October 30th @11am PST/2pm EST
WHY: To enjoy this amazing movie together!
HOW: Great question–read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a way to access the movie and a DCUI membership to interact during the watch along.
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone or computer for comments, and the big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s 11:15am PST, then we are 15 minutes into the movie.

Hope to see you all there!

8 Likes

I haven’t seen this is a little while and I’m so excited to watch it with everyone! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m so excited too. Such an amazing movie. My favorite Batman movie of all time and one of my favorite movies in general.

4 Likes

From filmmaking and entertainment perspectives, BMOTP is my overall favorite Batman movie, so I’m looking forward to this!

To get in the mood, I’ve been re-listening to the soundtrack. It’s gooood.

2 Likes

It’s amazing. That and Superman: The Movie are the only movie scores I listen to on their own.

2 Likes

This is in about 3 hours! Looking forward to watching it with everyone.

3 Likes

Great Rao, I can’t even begin to list the movie scores I listen to on their own.

However, I can say that STM and MOTP are among the DC-based scores I listen to on a frequent basis, along with the “music from and inspired by” soundtrack to Batman Forever.

3 Likes

The Greatest of Rao

3 Likes

WANT.

That would be perfect for a DC-themed dinner. :grin:

3 Likes

My HBO app just finished updating so I’m prepped and ready to go in a few hours!

3 Likes

Look kids, toys (blurred just in case someone hasn’t seen the movie yet)!

Ah, yes. Nothing like releasing the toys as the movie hit theaters and revealing who the villain was before most people even saw the movie!

I love you to The Source Wall and beyond Kenner, but it really was a dumb decision to package Phantasm like that. I get it, it’s to add more stuff to the package, but all they needed to do was tool up another small accessory and put it in the place of her mask, which should have stayed on the figure.

3 Likes

Maybe blur out photo or put in drop down for people about to watch who don’t want to know.

But that’s hilarious that they did that

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the opening credits song! It’s just beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Yeah. We’re not skipping a second of that

2 Likes

I would imagine most people would know the “twist” of the flick by now, but I’ll blur it, all the same. :slight_smile:

Phantasm was one of 7 MOTP figures released by Kenner to support the movie. The only other one that’s somewhat movie-accurate was this guy:

3 Likes

I’m always pleasantly surprised at how many new folks around here are coming in and haven’t had the twists spoiled! It’s so fun!

3 Likes

Yeah but still better safe than sorry for the twist.

That joker figure is cool

3 Likes

I hate to say it, due to decades of allegiance to them, but if anyone gets “the reveal” spoiled, it was Kenner’s fault and not mine. :wink:

3 Likes

I know. Getting to watch one of my favorites with people for the first time and see their reactions will be fun.

1 Like

He’s not too bad. I didn’t buy him when the line came out, since I had other Jokers.

After 28 years, I bought Jet Pack Joker at a specialty toy shop earlier this year. Thank you, Stimulus Check #3! :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes