DC TV & Movie Club - Aquaman Watch Along - 3.21.21 @12pm PT/3pm ET

81K8aEz1ixL.SX300

The @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club is back after a brief hiatus for another watch along! This time, we are going to watch a couple episodes of the 60s Aquaman series. This animated series tells the amazing nautical tales of our favorite aquatic hero. And if that’s not enough, it also features backup stories starring some of your other favorite DC characters. It is an incredibly fun and campy series and we hope to see you all there.

Here is how you can join in:

WHO: You!
WHAT:
Aquaman Episode 1: “Menace of the Black Manta”
Aquaman Episode 3: “The Sea Raiders”
WHERE: The discussion will take place here on this thread and the episodes can be found on HBO Max.
WHEN: Sunday, March 21st @12pm PST/3pm EST
We will be starting the episodes at:
12pm PST/3pm EST - Episode 1
12:25pm PST/3:25 EST - Episode 3
WHY: To be closer as a community and enjoy this series together
HOW: Great question- read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe Infinite to access the discussion and a way to watch the episodes to join along.
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone or computer for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s 12:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the first episode.

Hope to see you all there!

6 Likes

Boy my Birthday is getting busier that day! Love it!:partying_face::smiley:

6 Likes

:0_aquaman: Yes! I watched the first episode and immediately fell in love with this show! Can’t wait to watch with you all! :whale:

4 Likes

Happy almost birthday then!

4 Likes

It really is a fun show. I haven’t watched the entire series, just some random episodes, but I think it’s great and can’t wait to finish it when I have the chance.

4 Likes

:grinning:Thankyou!

3 Likes

I bought a 2 disc set years ago, with Aquaman and other great DC Filmation cartoons from the sixtes: Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, The Atom, Teen Titans and JLA. They’re all wonderful, goofy and fun. Hopefully, these other shows will appear on HBOMAX some day. That set is just a sampler, I’m looking forward to watching the whole series, it’ll be fun to do it with all of you!

5 Likes

They are really fun shows.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to say I won’t be able to make it for the watch along. Hope you guys get a great turnout.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hopefully you can make it to the next one.

2 Likes

Bummer, but understandable, I think you said that was your birthday right?

2 Likes

Here’s an early Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Yup, I’ll be busy at the time of the watch along. Sorry.:slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll try to catch the next watch along.

2 Likes

Thankyou.:grinning:

2 Likes

This will be happening in just a few short hours. I hope you will join us.

1 Like

I was thinking, “Oh, I’d really like to revisit Aquaman after having watched the Snyder Cut!”

Then I saw it was the Filmation cartoon, and I was like, “Well, that’s good, too.”

2 Likes

There’s another version of Aquaman? Had no idea.

1 Like

One hour to go!!!

Well, there’s also the DCAU version, who never really did it for me. And we don’t speak of the Super Friends version.

2 Likes