DC TV & Movie Club - All Star Superman Watch Along

The @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club is finally back and to celebrate we’re doing four special watch alongs over September and October! The first is the All Star Superman animated movie, an adaptation of the iconic Grant Morrison story widely considered to be one of the greatest Superman stories of all time. All Star Superman was also the example discussion I used to pitch this club almost two years ago as well as the first discussion ever posted for this club, so it only seems right to do a watch along to relaunch after our hiatus. We hope to see you all there on September 18th!

Here is how you can join in:

WHO: You!
WHAT: The All Star Superman animated movie, which can be found on HBO Max.
WHERE: We will be doing the discussion portion of the Watch Along Below!
WHEN: Saturday, September 18th @11am PST/2pm EST
WHY: To celebrate the relaunch of the club and enjoy this amazing movie together!
HOW: Great question–read below!

=========================

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a way to access the movie and a DCUI membership to interact during the watch along.
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone or computer for comments, and the big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the stroke of the hour
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, it’s 11:15am PST, then we are 15 minutes into the movie.

Hope to see you all there!

10 Likes

I want to join in so bad!!! Unfortunately, I have to fill out a lot of paperwork and have a lot of schoolwork to do over that weekend because I’m switching schools.

4 Likes

Well you can always put your thoughts about the movie here leading up to the WAL or after if you want to participate (preferably spoiler free if it’s before). Good luck with switching schools.

4 Likes

good idea!! thanks @Mister.Miracle

4 Likes

No problem. Also we have three more after this from now until the end of October. Hopefully you can catch one of those.

4 Likes

Fingers crossed!!

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Neat! I just might pop over to this after the DC Animated Club’s Saturday Morning WAL concludes.

4 Likes

Reminder, this will be this upcoming Saturday. I am looking forward to watching this with the community. I read the comic book series based on a recommendation from a fellow member here and fell in love with it, so I am looking forward to watching the adaptation a lot.

4 Likes

Will this be your first time seeing the movie in general, or your first time seeing it as part of a WAL?

3 Likes

It will be my first time watching it in general. Not got around to watching it before. Like that with a lot of DC films.

4 Likes

Groovy!

You’re in for a treat, then. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just about 2 hours before we start this WAL today. Hope you will consider joining in. As previously mentioned, this will be my first time watching this. I know I’m looking forward to it. The comic books it is based off are sooo good. I hope this lives up to that.

5 Likes

Should be able to make it. :slight_smile:

It’s been ages since I watched the movie, but I remember it mostly living up to it, other than a few “eh” moments.

5 Likes

I watched it before the comics and I think it’s a pretty good adaptation. Of course some things are left out for time or moved around but overall it’s fantastic and against the other Superman animated movies it’s the best imo!

4 Likes

I need to get my beauty sleep, so I’ll have to sit this one out, but I hope you enjoy this @CassTheStreet. Its a solid flick, and then some.

4 Likes

Hey hey, so glad I can finally take time to join you all! Only been vocal a few times, but very much pumped to dive back into this community!

4 Likes

That’s great. Glad you can join us.

4 Likes

Around an hour left until we start!

3 Likes

Welcome @JU1C3B0X3R! Nice profile pic! Happy Batman Day!

4 Likes

Hey thanks! Hopefully I’ll be more active on here after today, Life is rough lol.

3 Likes