DC Theme Music A Day

Share your favorite DC theme music pieces and songs! I’ll limit myself to once a day as long as the thread is active, you can post however often you want.

Always best to start at the beginning, Max Fleischer superman theme

9 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

I’m gonna go with another banger

5 Likes

@JasonToddJr , that is a really good one. A very unique sound. I haven’t actually seen Titans yet (don’t judge me, I don’t have HOBO Max yet) to know how it matches with the show but I hear that it fits well.

@raider_dave66, Oh yeah! My jam. Great intro. It really set up the pace for the show and did a good job introducing the world of Neo-Gotham each episode.

3 Likes

Danny Elfman is a favorite of mine. This is a somewhat obscure theme but I really enjoy it. The song pairs really well with the scene. It has an elegant but mysterious sound to it that fits well with Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman. It also transitions well around 1:20 to sound a little frantic and helps the audience hear how crazy she became.

Selina Transforms, Pt II by Danny Elfman

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Iconic, legendary, classic

3 Likes

@MatthewHecht, I loved the Stargirl show but the music was a little underwhelming to be honest. It wasn’t bad but it just had a generic background sound to me. It has some potential though. like around the 3:40 mark. Maybe that’s just me.

@chintzybeatnik, That is a good one! Hans Zimmer is very talented. I have yet to see MoS (don’t judge me, it just hasn’t happened yet) so I do not know how it fits with the movie but I hear it fits well.

@NinjaSupes, beautiful. Loved when it played at the dance at the end of season one. Clark and Pete comment on how good it is and it cracks me up. (Also Pa Kent listening to Good Ol’ Boys).

I did Superman and Batman. Seems fair to do Wonder Woman next. Now, I probably should have pick No Man’s Land for triple irony but I’m going with the theme from the show. Love the theme and the lyrics to the season 1 intro. Also, the nod to comics that is not in the rest of the show (looking at you Hulk). It’s iconic. Fun Fact: it also plays when you fly as WW in the Lego Batman 3 game.

Wonder Woman Season 1 Intro and Closing Theme by Charles Fox:

3 Likes

“Joker Crashes the Party” Lorne Balfe

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

@basicallytimdrake, the Lego Batman Movie had a surprisingly good score!

@moro, the Superman theme is one of the greatest themes of all time. John Williams is incredibly talented (you know he is credited with co-creating the concept of character theme music? It’s true!). That theme is perfect for Superman and the movie.

@MatthewHecht , I like that one! It’s more memorable and clear. Very nice!

Hmmm… I’ll go obscure for this next one. The japanese intro and outro to the New Adventures of Batman (1977-1978) by Sue Cream Sue. Intro is “Creseant Night Story” and the outro is “I Love Batman.” It’s pretty good and cracks me up. (“ba ba ba Batman baby!”)

3 Likes
4 Likes

I hear your Superfriend and rise you one Super Friend from The Flash. It was funny. Wasn’t amazed but it was okay (which also sums up my relationship with the shows).

3 Likes
3 Likes

It’s basically a James Bond theme song. As for it being DC-related, I have this evidence to submit to the court. Green Loontern (Duck Dodgers) | DC Database | Fandom

3 Likes
1 Like

@basicallytimdrake , I didn’t know the HQ music was so good! I just bumped it up on my watch list a little!

@MiscellaneousSoup , that totally counts then.

@MatthewHecht , just wondering, do you like Stargirl? Don’t even know why I would think that but thought I would ask, what are the odds?

I present to you, Chase Me a silent short film by the Btas team. Also the definitive Catwoman/Batman story for yours truly. The music is very good and matches well with the visuals.

2 Likes