DC Sweeps the 2021 GLAAD Nominations!

We are very proud to announce that a whole batch of DC titles have been recognized by the GLAAD Media Awards in honor of our company’s “fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community and the issues that affect their lives”!
:dc_pride_club: :partying_face: :00_dc_pride:

For Outstanding Comic Books:

Far Sector , by N.K. Jemisin, Jamal Campbell, Deron Bennett
Lois Lane, by Greg Rucka, Mike Perkins, Gabe Eltaeb, Andy Troy, Simon Bowland
Suicide Squad, by Tom Taylor, Bruno Redondo, Daniel Sampere, Juan Albarran, Adriano Lucas, Wes Abbott
You Brought Me the Ocean, by Alex Sanchez, Julie Maroh, Deron Bennett

These titles are nominated against some other incredible representation in comics, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to be counted among these groundbreaking titles. Thanks to all the fans who supported these titles, and here’s to many more in the years to come! :rainbow_flag:

Will you be reading any of these series for the first time? Let us know what caught your eye in the comments below! :point_down:

28 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Congrats DC​:tada:

7 Likes

Woo! :partying_face: Congrats, DC!

:rainbow_flag:

7 Likes

We love to see it!!!

Congratulations to all the writers, artists, filmmakers, etc. who worked on all of these DC nominations! We are all better off because of your hard work.

7 Likes

Those are all great reads that I highly recommend to anyone :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Tom Taylor owns my heart with his Suicide Squad run

7 Likes

These titles are nominated against some other incredible representation in comics, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to be counted among these groundbreaking titles. Thanks to all the fans who supported these titles, and here’s to many more in the years to come! :rainbow_flag:

Yep, reading and enjoying FAR SECTOR (albeit, here on DCUI).

She’s fast becoming a favorite character.

And now her comic is being recognized “For Outstanding Comic Books” by the GLAAD Media Awards.

Ha! Go figure.

Congratulations to N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell, and to the rest of the team. And to DC Comics.

9 Likes

Congratulations! :tada: Definitely well deserved—not surprised to see Greg Rucka :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: or Suicide Squad or Far Sector. I’ll have to check out that Alex Sanchez.

6 Likes

The hits don’t stop coming — Harley Quinn has been nominated too!

8 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

Congratulations! You should be proud.
I really loved You Brought Me the Ocean. Great story, beautiful art. It felt very fresh and original, unlike anything I’ve read before.

7 Likes

You Bought Me the Ocean has been on my radar but I haven’t bought it yet. Lois Lane was outstanding and is the definition of a page turner. I was so happy to see Renee Montoya as the Question! I have slowly been reading Far Sector and have yet to find a bad issue, considering this has @ds090ddsl’s endorsement, among many others, I am excited to finish it. Suicide Squad is now on my list of books to read. Sheesh, I was hoping 2021 would be the year that ever-growing list would shrink.

8 Likes

I am a middle-aged heterosexual male and I enjoy the fact that DC has a very wide variety of characters in their books. I hope that these characters and these books make members of the LGBTQ community feel welcome in these stories and in this community. Everyone has stories to be told and I’m glad DC gives the creators, artists and writers a place to tell the stories they want to tell.

11 Likes

Congrats DC! I haven’t read any of these yet but I’ll have to check them out!

2 Likes