DC Summer of Events Begins!! (Week 0) DC Nation #0 and Review

The Summer of Events is here and with it the start of one of the greatest Justice League runs of all time! This week we get a teaser of each of the DC Series with DC Nation #0

But first What is the Summer of Events?
You can read my article on it here:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/comics/what-is-dcs-summer-of-even

SPOILER FREE

Story 1: The Batman Teaser

If you weren’t excited about the Wedding, this issue is for you! King’s interpretation of the Joker is equally crazy and terrifying at the same time. Joker is full of hysterical non sequiturs but he’s also full of terror. Everyone knows how it’s going to end, but that doesn’t make it any less scary. Overall this story is fantastic!!

Cohesiveness: 5/5
Enjoyability: 5/5
Story: 5/5
Importance: X +0

15/15

Story 2: The Superman Teaser

By far, the better of the two Bendis teases. However, this tease like the other is removed from any context and ends up being confusing. After having followed Bendis's run, it was much better BUT that doesn't make up for the confusion. The premise setup though isn't bad for what it's worth. This with the Rogal Zar set up in Action Comics #1000 should give everyone a fairly clear sense of where Bendis Superman is going. 

Cohesiveness: 3/5
Enjoyability: 4/5
Story: 4/5
Importance: X +0

Total: 11/15

Story 3: The Justice League Teaser

This story is super confusing, but an exciting tease into the future. Most of the fun is seeing these 4 teams that make absolutely no sense. Other than that the heroes and villains are working together. But seriously why is Batman Entropy and Harley Quinn Mystery? Either way, I'm excited to talk about Justice: No Justice soon!

Cohesiveness: 2
Enjoyability: 5
Story: 3
Importance: O +1 (Big scale)

11/15

That’s it this week for the Summer of Events Reviews!!

So is it a good starting point
Yes and No.
A great teaser, but outside of story #1 all the stories are too vague and confusing. I’d just wait till the actually event comics start.
Next week will include

Justice League: No Justice #1

Bump

1 Like